Wednesday, June 15, 2011

{playing dress up}

 Happy What I Wore Wednesday! I must say that at first I felt really silly taking photos of myself and posting them all over the internet {OK... I still sort of do}, but this has given me a new motivation and excitement about getting dressed in the morning. It also helps that it is summer and I have a lot more wardrobe options to choose from. With that said here we go...

I wore this last Thursday when we took our trip to the Amish Market. I never wear skirts casually and I thought I would give it a try...and I loved it! Can't say it is the most figure flattering choice, but it was super comfy and two of my favorite colors.


Top: Kohl's
Skirt: Dillards {?}
Sandals: Kohl's
Necklace: Gift from my MIL {Scarlet Revolution Etsy Shop}

Back to work for the rest of my outfits...

This top was a total splurge while I was at the mall on Sunday. I hardly ever buy new clothes these days and I hardly ever pay full price. But the pattern and the ruffles were too.much. It has been a bit chilly here in Indiana this week so I paired it with dress pants and a cardigan...


Top: Maurices
Cardigan: JC Penney
Pants: Target
Sandals: Target
Earrings: Kohl's

The shoes I wore yesterday are vintage Payless...from like 2007 when their shoes didn't cost $45. ;) I love them but I hardly have anything to go with them, so I was excited to find this scarf that shares the same navy and white combo.

{and yes...that is a ginormous birthmark on my foot}

Top: Walmart
Skirt: Sears
Scarf: Kohl's
Flats: Payless
Earrings: Ebay {anniversary present from the hubby a few years ago}

Today I'm wearing basically a carbon copy of what I wore in my first outfit here, so no need to reinvent the wheel. And no...still haven't tried a belt with it yet. :)

Looking forward to see what everyone else is wearing today!

Linking up with...

the pleated poppy blog



Momma Go Round

post signature

8 comments:

Brit said...

Totally random (and hopefully not creepy) question... are you from the Richmond area? I just started following your blog and saw your had Earlham on here. I live in Eaton.

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

I sure am! Nice to meet a "neighbor"! :)

Nicky said...

love that chevron scarf girl! ... super cute outfits!

Leslie said...

Love your outfits! they are super cute and I love your accessories!!

I found your cute blog via the pleated poppy

Jodi said...

I sooo love that scarf! Cute casual outfit with the skirt that I covet ;), and way cute new ruffle top. Maurice's has that affect on me too (why is hardly anything ever on sale there?!)

Lindsay said...

love the scarf! I need to get brave enough to wear one to work. Those shoes are so so cute too!!

DianeTaylor said...

I am loving your outfits these days - so put together. I love that scarf too - the colors are perfect anytime of year!

momstheword said...

I love that ruffle top! I am just starting to get "into" ruffles, lol! Love the scarf too, I need some lightweight scarfs to dress up my clothes a bit.

I agree that this meme makes it more fun to get dressed in the morning. I just started last week and it's definitely making me look better, lol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...