Wednesday, March 14, 2012

{playing dress up}

Happy Wednesday friends! Time to play dress up again. I've been struggling a bit this past week with outfits because the weather has still been cold in the mornings, but warming up nicely by the afternoon. Today it is going to be in the 70's! Heaven! So here is a peek into my adventures in dressing this past week...

Thursday I felt a bit like a cowgirl. I liked it but also felt awkward. I love this skirt but I'm not sure about it with boots...it seems more like a summer/sandal skirt. What do you think?


Ruffle tee: maurices
Cardigan, skirt and tights: Target
Boots: Kohl's
Flower necklace: The Bird's Papaya
Charm necklace: local craft fair

Friday I had the day off so no pic...and I also slacked during the weekend. So on to Monday!

I'm not really digging Monday's outfit. The skirt is new {Old Navy via Ebay} and so is the necklace {Target} and I wanted to wear both of them so much that I put this together. Not really sure it works. But I love both pieces! 


Tee: Target
Cardigan: Kohl's
Skirt: Old Navy via Ebay
Tights and boots: Kohl's
Necklace: Target

Yesterday was my favorite outfit this week because I wore my favorite skirt...this thing gets a lot of air time on the blog. It makes me feel skinny so of course it comes out to play a lot!


Tee: Target
Sweater: JC Penney
Skirt: Sears
Tights and boots: Target
Earrings: Kohl's

Today I was going to wear a skirt with bare legs but I wasn't quite ready for that {my legs weren't either! } so I went with dress pants instead. But yay for not stockings with my flats!!


Lace tank: Kohl's
Cardigan: Dillard's
Pants: Gap
Flats: c/o maurices gift card
Necklace: Maurices
Earrings: The Purple Attic

Hope everyone is having a great week, and also enjoying wonderful weather like we are here in Indiana!

Linking up with...

pleated poppy

post signature

7 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love your new necklace! It's so pretty on you. And the new skirt is great. I think you made a beautiful outfit.

Nicky said...

I love that first outfit... really I do. ;-) I adore that skirt!

And the new accessories you got are awesome too. You always look very "put together". ;-)

xoxo
Nicky

Mrs. H said...

I love today's! The black pants with the black shirt is very slimming! :) You're slim anyway though :)

DianeTaylor said...

Todays outfit is my fav too. I need a skirt like that in my wardrobe.

Denise said...

the second outfit is my favorite (gray cardi, turq top, brown skirt). i think you should wear the brown skirt with the first top and sweater (green and gray) too.

your skirts remind me that i have a few skirts i should get out and wear with some sassy tights and boots!
i'm sure my go-to jeans would enjoy the break.

Jodi said...

I really like the first outfit! Switch out the tights and boots for cute sandals and you have a great spring/summer look too!

julee said...

I love the cowgirl look! You could pull it off without the tights too for a more spring look. Also, I love to see how you mix and match a lot of your favorite repeat pieces. That's one thing I need to work on with my own outfits.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...