Wednesday, July 11, 2012

{playing dress up}


Happy Wednesday friends! This week is flying by for me...is it for you?

I think part of the reason is that I've been exercising...three nights IN A ROW on the treadmill. This is a miracle for me, I tell ya. Makes me feel better about all of the hubby's homemade lemon scones I've been devouring. ;)

And I've been experimenting a bit with my outfits so that has been fun. This week so far I've worn two dresses as skirts which I'm really enjoying. So here is what I've been wearing this past week...

#1.
Thrifted top // Kohl's capris and necklace // Target sandals
#2.
Walmart top // Sears skirt // Target sandals // Kohl's bracelet // Dillards earrings

#3.
Goodwill top // Kohl's capris // Old Navy flops // local shop necklace
#4.
Kohl's top // Dillards maxi dress // Walmart sandals // Kohl's earrings
The photos don't make this look very flattering, but I got a few compliments on it...I definitely want to try this dress out with some different tops over it. The top isn't quite work appropriate so I have to get a little creative.

#5.
maurices top // TJ Maxx dress // Target sandals // Etsy ring // Kohl's necklace
This was my FAVE outfit from the week. I think I love this dress much more as a skirt...it was super comfy and flattering. And you can't tell from the pics, but the cute pockets peeked out just a bit from under the top.

Here is a photo of just the dress from when I tried it on at TJ Maxx...


 It looks cute with jeans too, right? Very versatile piece. :)

#6.
Goodwill top // Sears skirt // Target sandals // local shop necklaces
Hope everyone is having a good week! I'm excited for tomorrow...taking the afternoon off to have lunch and shop with my Mom. I'll probably have a few treasures to share from our outing!

Linking up with Lindsay of course...

pleated poppy







post signature


7 comments:

Faith said...

aww you always look so cute! i am never good at picking stuff out and mixing them all together! you so purr-ty!! :)

Andi said...

Cute! I love seeing how people wear dresses as skirts, so inspiring!

Jodi said...

Love that green dress... it's great as a skirt! Way to mix things up! And yaaaay for getting inspired and getting on the treadmill! 3 days in a row? Go you!!

Melaina25 said...

I never thought of wearing a dress as a skirt!

Kathleen said...

the pattern on your maxi skirt is stunning!

Kelly said...

I love each outfit!! All the green hues are fantastic!!!

~julee~ said...

You've inspired me - I need to try to match some of my tops with my dresses. Very cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...