Wednesday, November 21, 2012

{playing dress up}


Oh Wednesday how I love you...especially when you are a vacation day, I get to sleep in, and tomorrow is Thanksgiving!

We are hosting turkey day at our house this year which is exciting, but also means today = operation clean the house from top to bottom. I think if we never had company over we would live like an episode of hoarders. OK...maybe not quite that bad, but we could be buried alive by toys alone. I'm not even kidding.

But let's talk fashion, shall we? That is what Wednesdays are for, after all.

I wore some of my very favorite outfits this past week, including my new thrifted cardigan that I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing about ;), and my favorite new Kohl's scarf. Here are my outfits from the past week...

#1...
Target sweater // Kohl's scarf & boots // TJ Maxx skinnies


#2...

Thrifted cardigan // Target dress // Kohl's boots & tights // Groopdealz necklace
*See how I refashioned my thrifted sweater here*


#3...

Thrifted sweater // Levi's skinnies // Kohl's flats & necklace // Meijer ring

#4...

maurices cardigan and top // Sears skirt // Target boots // Groopdealz necklace

What are your Thanksgiving plans? What are you looking forward to the most?

Linking up with...

pleated poppy
Wardrobe Wednesday @ Create Hope Inspire
Casual Friday @ Two Thirty-Five Designs
Sunday Style @ Modern Modest Beauty
Whatever Whenever Wednesday @ Rolled Up Pretty
What We Wore, Read & Made Linky Party @ Rae Gun Ramblings
post signature

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

outfit 1 is my favorite. love the striped and pattered scarf you paired.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

DianeTaylor said...

Hi Mandy - I love that thrifted sweater so much - it just suits you perfectly.

Much love to you and Dan and your boys on this season of giving. So much to be grateful for - I love you dear friend! Sorry but I am feeling very emotional and sappy today....enjoy the break and I hope you get to do all the things your heart desires.

Happy Thanksgiving to all your readers!

xxoo - Diane

Paige said...

I really like the way you pair things together and accessorize. Happy Turkey Day! Have fun!

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

My love to you this week too Diane...you are in my heart and my prayers. I know it isn't the Thanksgiving you would like for it to be, and I hope that your family brings you the comfort you need. Love you!

TheTinyHeart said...

I have a really similar teardrop necklace and I just love it!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Anonymous said...

Found you thru the Pleated Poppy Link up
Happy Turkey Day!
(even tho we are in Canada, moms doing a turkey supper for us she grew up in the states and my husband is from there and we recently just moved back to canada... LOL fun fact for you! ha ha!)
I love your outfits and the top one has my fav pick.
Jess @ www.thespottedfeather.com

Mandy said...

love that scarf from kohls!!! i need me one of those! ;)

i'm looking forward to the food. thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for eating...everything we have is great! cheese ball, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, turkey, strawberry pretzel salad, pecan pie....can we say yummo!

plus i love black friday shopping with my mom!

Miriam said...

oh yes the drowning in toys - arghh and Christmas is coming more stuff!!! Love the patterns with the stripes in the first outift - it's my fav. Thanks for joining up with Wardrobe Weds :o)

Jodi said...

That second outfit is just adorable! Love the necklace!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...