Wednesday, December 05, 2012

{playing dress up}


Do you have a certain color(s) you gravitate toward when you're shopping? For me, it is usually neutrals like browns, greens and grays, but I also lately have really been loving turquoise. But purple...not usually a color that jumps out at me.

Then I found the sweater below at Goodwill. Originally from Kohl's and in brand new condition, it is one of my favorite recent additions to my wardrobe. And for $4 at that! And every time I have worn it, I've heard "that color looks great on you!" at least once. Funny how a color you never thought was "your color" can move up to the top of the list.

Way to show me, purple. :)

I also can't get enough of this Kohl's scarf. It is a layer of soft fabric and a layer of knit and goes with so much in my wardrobe. Including this purple sweater. And no...I didn't plan that. Or...yes I did...I'm a genius! ;)

#1...


Goodwill sweater // Kohl's scarf, tights, boots & earrings // Old Navy skirt

#2....

Dillards sweater // Kohl's tee & earrings  // Target boots & tights

#3...

Target cardigan, boots & necklace // maurices top // Sears skirt 

Have you found a color recently that you would never pick for yourself, but you've gotten tons of compliments on? I'll tell you that I'll definitely be giving purple another shot. :)

Linking up with...


pleated poppy
 
Wardrobe Wednesday @ Create Hope Inspire
Casual Friday @ Two Thirty-Five Designs
Sunday Style @ Modern Modest Beauty
Whatever Whenever Wednesday @ Rolled Up Pretty
What We Wore, Read & Made Linky Party @ Rae Gun Ramblings
post signature

6 comments:

Mandy 5:25 PM  

LOVE the purple on you and LOVE that scarf. I have looked several times at Kohls and I can't find one for me, bummer. I do love purple. I have several tops that are purple and am always drawn to it. Definitely works on you!

Danavee 8:11 PM  

Mustard is my new fave. A year ago I would have NEVER even considered it!

Jodi 12:35 AM  

great purple find! Everyone is right, it's a good color on you! Love that Dillards sweater in your second outfit too.

Hanna 2:37 PM  

Such a cute outfits!! LOVE it and your blog! I am your newest follower!! My name is Hanna and I blog over at

www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

I love new friends!!! Happy Holidays xoxoxo

Mique (as in Mickey) 3:14 AM  

Hi Mandy! Thanks for linking up to my special About Me Pity Party last week. I loved reading about you! And I loved that green necklace in your about me page too. ;)

~julee~ 8:37 PM  

Purple does look good on you! But maybe I'm biased, b/c it's always been one of my favorites to wear. Aubergine was my wedding color. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP