Tuesday, January 01, 2013

{playing dress up}


Happy New Year friends!

Let's ring in 2013 with my first WIWW post of the year, shall we? I'm excited about the outfits I have to share this week...mostly because I have some non-work looks to show you...

#1...
Dillards cardigan // maurices ruffle tee // Kohl's jeans // Target boots 


I love, love, love this outfit. 

The mix of turquoise and mustard might just be my new favorite color combo. I was inspired by taking a look back through my outfits of 2012 to do some layers, so I mixed a long sleeve tee with my maurices ruffled tee, and topped it with a cardigan.


The necklace was a purchase from my friend Shannon.

#2...
Old Navy cardigan // Meijer tank // Levis jeans // Target boots & hat

I joked on Instagram that I got all dressed up this day just to take a trip to Walmart. Hey...I wanted an excuse to wear my new Target hat and the necklace my Mom gave me for Christmas. I can't say I didn't get a few looks in the shampoo aisle.


#3...
Kohl's top, tights & boots // maurices cardigan // Groopdeals earrings

Back to work...but at least I wore one of my favorite top/cardigan combos. And of course my trusty denim skirt. And purple tights...can't go wrong with purple tights.


Did you have fun playing dress up this week?

Linking up with...

pleated poppy
Wardrobe Wednesday @ Create Hope Inspire
Casual Friday @ Two Thirty-Five Designs
Sunday Style @ Modern Modest Beauty
Whatever Whenever Wednesday @ Rolled Up Pretty
What We Wore, Read & Made Linky Party @ Rae Gun Ramblings

post signature

17 comments:

Kathleen said...

oh I have to agree, the turquoise and mustard color combo is fantastic. That's a great outfit on you.

Carly said...

So cute! Let's see...the mustard necklace is great and I have been looking at those cute Target hats! How long ago did you get the Meijer tank? I really like it; is it lace? I also have those Groopdealz earrings and they are really nice! :)

Amy Bennett said...

Oh my goodness, I've been loving mustard but I adore it with the turquoise! Thanks for the inspiration!

Stacey said...

Great ensembles! I really love the mustard and turquoise. Happy New Year!

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

love the layers! stopping by from Transatlantic blonde :)

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

The teal and mustard yellow really caught my eye. I am so in love with this color combo!

Alison
www.getyourprettyon.com

shopfreak said...

Love that first outfit..that is a great color combo!

-shopfreak

Stop by my blog for a chance to win a customized bracelet ($100+ value)!
http://shopfreak14.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-new-years-giveaway.html

Jodi said...

I'm with you - great color combo in that first outfit, and I love the "Walmart trip" outfit too - hey I've dressed up for less!!!

Amanda Cobb said...

Outfits #1 and #2 are my favs - like you, I love that color combo in the first one. And the layers just work!

Melaina25 said...

I agree! The colours in the first outfit are ace :)

✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

Miriam said...

I do love that first outfit very much too - so.much.right!! :o) all of them are great though. love the way you layer. Happy New Year and thanks for being a part of Wardrobe Wednesday this week. :o)

Jess said...

Teal and mustard is one of my favorite combinations too! The contrast of that necklace against the teal is really gorgeous!

Jess - J's Style
fancypants514.blogspot.com

Debi @ Adorned From Above said...

Very cute. I love your boots. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this and any other posts with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2013/01/week-in-review-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
Debi @ Adorned From Above

~julee~ said...

Love the outfits this week! The blue/mustard combo is great, and I love the hat in #2.

Kelly said...

Cute cute outfits! I have a question--do you have any of those boot covers or do you just wear knee socks to get that look with the tops showing above the boots? I want to find some but don't know where!

Rachel The Hat said...

I love love love that top outfit! the pop of colour in the necklace is perfect! xx

Penniless Socialite said...

I love that yellow necklace! Thanks for linking up. Hope to see you back this Thursday!
Penniless Socialite
Enter to Win Ad Space!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...