Wednesday, February 06, 2013

{playing dress up}


Happy What I Wore Wednesday friends!

If you are new to these weekly playing dress up posts of mine, I started doing this almost two years ago, after I discovered the WIWW link up over at The Pleated Poppy. It is a great way to connect with other bloggers and encourage each other to have fun with fashion.

Before I get to my outfits, have you entered the two exciting giveaways I have going on?



Here are my outfits from the past week...

#1 is one of those outfits that I wanted to leave out, but I'm going to keep it real {and all my Instagram friends have seen it anyway.} I was so excited about wearing my new Blowfish boots and in theory I thought they would be adorable with tights and my thrifted Gap cord skirt, but it is not the most flattering look. Oh well...you win some, you lose some. :)
maurices top // thrifted cardigan & skirt // Blowfish boots via TJ Maxx

Groopdealz key necklace // one little word pendant made by me

#2...
Target cardigan & boots // Walmart top // Sears skirt // Kohl's necklace

Etsy earrings // scarf made by my friend Kathleen

#3...
thrifted sweater & top // TJ Maxx skinnies // Kohl's boots

Necklace c/o Bright House Baubles

#4...
maurices top & cardigan // Kohl's jeans // Blowfish boots


#5 is an example of an outfit that really worked for my body type, as opposed to #1. The tunic sweater, skinny jeans and tall boots lengthen my body, and the long looped scarf adds a unique touch.
thrifted Kohl's sweater // TJ Maxx skinnies // Target boots // Kohl's earrings


#6...
thrifted cardigan & skirt // Meijer top // Target boots // Groopdealz necklace

I learned this week that fashion is a lot about trial and error, and learning what works best for my body type. Have you worn an outfit this past week that was a total fail, or one that really worked?

Linking up with...

pleated poppy
Wardrobe Wednesday @ Create Hope Inspire
Casual Friday @ Two Thirty-Five Designs
Sunday Style @ Modern Modest Beauty
Whatever Whenever Wednesday @ Rolled Up Pretty
What We Wore, Read & Made Linky Party @ Rae Gun Ramblings

 post signature

14 comments:

Hilary said...

super cute :) Outfit #4 was my favorite. I love the cardigan and the necklace

Kristine Foley said...

Love all your color combos lovely lady! And seriously those blow fish boots are amazing!!

Kristine from The Foley Fam {unedited} Blog

Traci Little said...

I love the orange necklace!

CUTE!

http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2013/02/what-i-wore-wednesday-via-pleated-poppy.html

Kelly {Sparkles and Shoes} said...

Oh my goodness, you have SO many pretty necklaces! I found your blog through Better Life Bags giveaway and I am so glad I did, I love it and I am now following you! Happy Friday!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Ches said...

I really love all of your accessories, they really make the outfit...I adore your "tribal" sweater also...

Hena Tayeb said...

cute.. i love the way you have accessorized each outfit.

Kathleen said...

Your hair looks great - especially with the slight curls.

Also, the bubble necklace is perfect. Love the color and the way you are wearing it.

Taraleigh said...

I love all your thrifty finds! Popped over from WIWW. :)

Nikki said...

I know I say this whenever I visit but you are such an amazing thridt shopper! #3 is my favorite - obvs! The chambray + bright orange+ boots combo = perfectionnnn! :) So glad you linked up this week with CCC!
xoxo,
Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

Franziska said...

I love all of your necklaces - they really complete the outfits. I think the outfit with the orange necklace is my favorite

Rachel said...

I really like the two necklaces you wore together! And you're definitely right about outfit #5 working better for you than outfit #1. Some combos just look better on us than others--I'm glad that I keep finding the combos that I love best!

TheTinyHeart said...

You have such a great statement necklace collection! They add so much pizazz to your outfits :) Thanks for linking up!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
Necklace Giveaway!

two birds said...

that thrifted tribal sweater is gorgeous! i love it! and all of your accessories are so fun. i love the grow necklace and your infinity scarf!

Penniless Socialite said...

I love how you tied the scarf in outfit #5! Thanks for linking up!
Tara
Penniless Socialite

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...