Tuesday, February 12, 2013

{playing dress up}


I'm pretty excited about this week's outfits. Mainly because I have been SO, so tired this past week and I managed to pull off some pretty cute ensembles if I do say so myself.

I think it helps a lot that I've built up a pretty great accessories wardrobe that makes it really easy to add a pop of color and interest to what would normally be a simple outfit. I also tried some new layering and wore some of my favorite "statement" sweaters that turn a boring top and jeans/skirt into something more fun.

So here is what I came up with this week...

#1...
 Charming Charlie dress // maurices cardigan // TJ Maxx skinnies // Kohl's boots


Necklace c/o A Tad Monroe


#2...
 Gordman's cardigan // thrifted top // TJ Maxx cords // maurices flats


thrifted necklace


Owl earrings from a local shop

#3...
Target cardigan // Meijer top // Kohl's jeans // maurices flats


Necklace from my shop

#4...
Kohl's sweater // Walmart top // Sears skirt // Target boots


#5...
maurices ruffle top // Kohl's ls tee & boots // Walmart skirt


Earrings c/o A Tad Monroe


Flower from Raising Up Rubies // Scarf from Crashnotes

Do you have any statement pieces that help you amp up an otherwise simple outfit? Tell me about them in the comments!

Linking up with...


pleated poppy
Wardrobe Wednesday @ Create Hope Inspire
Casual Friday @ Two Thirty-Five Designs
Sunday Style @ Modern Modest Beauty
Whatever Whenever Wednesday @ Rolled Up Pretty
What We Wore, Read & Made Linky Party @ Rae Gun Ramblings


post signature

8 comments:

Kelly Westover said...

Loving all the necklaces!

just love // kelly

Traci Little said...

I adore that yellow thrifted necklace! WOOT!

Here are my outfits for the week over here: http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2013/02/what-i-wore-wednesday-week-2.html

pretty little things said...

just stopping in from the link up and I love your blog! hope you can check mine out too! xo

Steph
http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Lindsey A. Turner said...

cute dress! you look great in that color! Love the cardigan sweater too!

Lindsey
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

Kassi Mortensen said...

All of your outfits look so comfortable and fun! I'm big on wearing different necklaces. I have several chunky ones in different colors that I use to amp up an outfit.

Amanda Cobb said...

LOVE outfit #3!!! And that necklace in #1. :) Cute stuff!

Nikki said...

Must have that target open cardi!!
xoxo,
Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

{Enter My Giveaway for a Monogram Leather Clutch Here!}

Penniless Socialite said...

That necklace from your shop is amazing! Thanks for linking up.
Tara
Penniless Socialite
Jewelry Giveaway!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...