Tuesday, March 12, 2013

{playing dress up}


I find it a bit funny that it has taken me 34 years to find my style.

It has taken over 10 years as a professional, almost 10 years as a wife, going on 5 years as a mother, AND the changes that being pregnant with twins made to my body, to finally be comfortable enough to be ME.

And I'm really loving me right now.

I don't mean that in a narcissistic, look at me kind of way.

I just love that I have found my own style. Outfits that I feel comfortable in, yet also feel stylish and sassy.

Yes...I said sassy. :)

My new favorite uniform is a cute, flowy dress paired with my skinny jeans or leggings, a comfy cardigan, and tall boots.

Oh, and let's not forget the statement necklace. I've collected my fair share of those over the past year.

And adding thrifting to the mix has made shopping for my wardrobe even more fun and budget-friendly. I love going to our local Goodwill or consignment shop to hunt for treasures. And one of my newest discoveries...shopping on Instagram! My dress in outfit #5 this week is from a friend's insta-shop.

What about you? Do you feel like you've found your style yet? What is your favorite go-to outfit?

Here is what I've been wearing this past week...

1...
Kohl's dress & boots // thrifted cardigan // TJ Maxx skinnies




I absolutely LOVE this new thrifted cardigan. It is Rafaella brand and SO soft & comfy.

2...

Kohl's sweater via Goodwill // Sears skirt // Target boots


Target rings


Scarf was a gift {watch how to tie it in my scarf tutorial}

3...
Kohl's dress & boots // thrifted cardigan // TJ Maxx skinnies


Necklace c/o A Tad Monroe



4...

TJ Maxx top & cords // Kohl's ls tee // maurices flats



Groopdealz necklace

5...

thrifted dress // maurices cardigan // TJ Maxx skinnies // Kohl's boots


Target rings


Forever 21 necklace refashioned by me

Thanks for stopping by friends!

And be sure to enter the great giveaways I have going on right now...SO many fun prizes up for grabs!

Keurig Prize Pack
$100 Anthropology Giftcard
Huge Group Giveaway including giftcards to Hobby Lobby, Barnes & Noble & a vintage key necklace from my Etsy shop!
Artsy Anthropology Scrappy Bag


Linking up with...
pleated poppy

My Style Monday @ My Greatest Hits 
Wardrobe Wednesday @ Create Hope Inspire
Casual Friday @ Two Thirty-Five Designs
Sunday Style @ Modern Modest Beauty
Whatever Whenever Wednesday @ Rolled Up Pretty
What We Wore, Read & Made Linky Party @ Rae Gun Ramblings
Closet Copy Cat @ The Grant Life


post signature

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

You look wonderfully sassy! I think that's what makes WIWW such a fun challenge - you get to discover and embrace your own style.

I adore the pattern on the first dress. Beautiful colors.

Ana from Sweet Serendipity said...

Cute, cute! Love your layering skills.

Jodi said...

Cute cute cute. Dresses over skinnies is one of my faves. Love necklace #3!

Chelsea said...

LOVE that button necklace! That is so fun & unique! You're such a doll :)

~julee~ said...

I love your style, Mandy! It's cute and real and matches your sweet personality. :)

Sixth Tractate said...

Loving your printed dresses dear. Great styling. I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog and (if you like) following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! XX

sixthtractate.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...