Tuesday, March 26, 2013

{playing dress up}


Every week I struggle with what to talk about in these posts.

I feel like I should have some deep message to go along with my outfits...something to inspire you or encourage you or...geez I don't know.

But to be honest, right now I think these posts are just what they are...cute outfits to give you wardrobe ideas, and nothing else.

Is that OK?

I hope so because you all...I've got nothin'. I love sharing my outfits with you but I feel like this format is getting old and boooooring.

What do you think? Do you like how I share my outfits? Should I spice things up a bit somehow? I would love to take my photos in more interesting locations but realistically I work full time and when I get home I have two boys to take care of, so my free time for fancy photo shoots is rather limited. My office and my dining room are as exotic as it gets right now.

Until I figure this thing out, here are my outfits for the past week. :)

#1...

thrifted dress // Target cardigan // TJ Maxx skinnies // Kohl's boots

Etsy ring // Dillards bracelet

Scarf made by my friend Kathleen

#2...

thrifted top, cardigan & skirt // Kohl's tights // Ebay boots

Kohl's necklace

#3...

TJ Maxx dress // thrifted cardigan // Kohl's leggings // Target boots

Necklace from my shop

#4...

thrifted sweater // Kohl's scarf & tights // Sears skirt // Ebay boots

TJ Maxx ring {lucky brand}

Here's another photo of the ring from my Instagram...I'm in love with the setting made of branches...


#5...

Kohl's dress & boots // thrifted cardigan // TJ Maxx skinnies

Necklace from my shop


What do you think? Should I stick to this playing dress up format, or change things up? Let me know what you think in the comments!

Linking up with...

pleated poppy

My Style Monday @ My Greatest Hits 
Wardrobe Wednesday @ Create Hope Inspire
Casual Friday @ Two Thirty-Five Designs
Sunday Style @ Modern Modest Beauty
Whatever Whenever Wednesday @ Rolled Up Pretty
What We Wore, Read & Made Linky Party @ Rae Gun Ramblings
Closet Copy Cat @ The Grant Life


post signature

8 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm really liking all the outfits...but especially have my eye on that big chunky Kohl's scarf. So cute!

Kelly said...

I love the etsy ring! And I like the format...lots of pictures and easy way to get ideas. :)

Kelly said...

I love the etsy ring! And I like the format...lots of pictures and easy way to get ideas. :)

Kayla Janachovsky said...

You look great!

Julie H. Schaal said...

I like that you always combine your pieces differently. So baby steps for me that it inspires me to choose a different necklace to go with my same favorites! Oh and my new TJ Maxx in Ames had C Wonder jewelry!! I did not get anything because the necklace looked too much like some I already had.

DianeTaylor said...

Hi Mandy - I think your format and how you do your outfits is perfect just the way it is. I especially love how you take pics of the details - cus I firmly believe the little details can make an outfit (this from the woman who has been wearing sweats for the last 3 months, lol). You puit alot of time and effort into your outfits, and photographing them and putting the links when appropriate - oh my, that takes alot of time! You are a busy mom of two boys - I don't know how you do it!!!

I say stay the course - you have inspired me to pay more attention to the details :):)


xxxooo - Diane

~julee~ said...

If it's not broke, don't fix it! I think your format is perfect. Your pictures are inspiring on their own. :)

Agnes Mayer said...

Great outfits. I'm visiting from the link up. I'm also hosting one. Would love it if you joined.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...