Tuesday, April 23, 2013

{playing dress up}


Trying something new today!

I'm featuring one outfit from the past week that I love and talking a bit more about it...

Pin It
This outfit couldn't be more comfortable. The dress and leggings are both from TJ Maxx, and basically feel like I'm wearing pj's {the leggings are fleece lined!}. I scored the cute cardigan at our local consignment shop, and the black flats are c/o one of my favorites, maurices.


I love this key necklace from Groopdealz...it is such an easy accessory to throw on.


And yes...I have a big band-aid shaped birthmark on my left foot. It may sound funny to say, but until college, I would base my shoe purchases on if they covered it or not. I was super embarrassed by it. Thank goodness I got over that!

Do you have any crazy birthmarks?

Linking up with...
pleated poppy

My Style Monday @ My Greatest Hits 
Wardrobe Wednesday @ Create Hope Inspire
Casual Friday @ Two Thirty-Five Designs
Sunday Style @ Modern Modest Beauty
Whatever Whenever Wednesday @ Rolled Up Pretty
What We Wore, Read & Made Linky Party @ Rae Gun Ramblings
Closet Copy Cat @ The Grant Life


post signature

8 comments:

Niki Caron said...

Your birthmark is cool! It really is band aid shaped! I don't think it's anything to have to hide (although I understand, because we are always our own worst enemies)!

Jodi said...

my husband has a red birthmark on his neck that looks EXACTLY like a hickey. No joke. All his life he has been teased about it - and me too once I started dating him! I agree with Niki, yours is cool :)

courtney {splendid actually} said...

cute dress! that color is great on you.
i used to have a birthmark on the side of my thigh but it has faded to near nothingness as i've gotten older.
i do have two kind of strange looking skin tags on my left ear that people typically don't notice until 5 years later and you're about to get married to them... that would be my husband. he thought they came up over night because he had never noticed them. honey, they have been there since birth.

HandJ Cobb said...

Great outfit! I have a funny splotch on my right thigh, it was huge until I was in my teens, then it slowly faded. I feel your pain!

www.domesticblisssquared@gmail.com

Natasha xoxo said...

Love the color of your dress! Own your birthmark... it's you! :)

xo, tasha
Enter to win a $40 Lorraine Tyne gift card

~julee~ said...

Love the thrifted cardi. I have, seriously, the longest toes in the world and I used to never wear strappy sandals b/c of them. Thank goodness for getting older and caring less, eh?

Also, Courtney's comment up there made me lol.

Have a great week!

Rachel said...

That dress is a very pretty color on you, and I think I need some fleece lined leggings!

Penniless Socialite said...

I love Groopdealz and TJ Maxx. That necklace is great! Thanks for linking up.
Tara
Penniless Socialite
April Group Giveaway!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...