Wednesday, May 15, 2013

{playing dress up}


I find it funny that the outfits I'm most tempted to skip over and not share are almost always the ones that receive the most positive feedback. Like this one for example...


So many sweet comments from my Instagram friends...and encouragement that maxi skirts are my friend. To be honest, I felt a bit frumpy and dumpy in this outfit, but it was super comfortable and I was having a day when a comfy outfit was a MUST.




top >>> c/o maurices
skirt >>> TJ Maxx
sandals >>> Target
necklace >>> Lisa Leonard Designs

I'm auditing a writing course at work this week and next, and just after two days I have been overcome by positive feedback I've received on my writing. I was tempted not to share the journal prompt I did in class today...thinking it was nothing more than a glorified diary entry...but I put my big girl pants on and read it. And the feedback from my classmates was overwhelmingly encouraging. We never know how our story will influence or affect others. 

It just goes to show that we can be our own worst critics...with our fashion...writing...whatever! 

What are you afraid to put out there today? I encourage you to do it anyway! 

Linking up with...


pleated poppy


My Style Monday @ My Greatest Hits 
Wardrobe Wednesday @ Create Hope Inspire
Casual Friday @ Two Thirty-Five Designs
Sunday Style @ Modern Modest Beauty
Whatever Whenever Wednesday @ Rolled Up Pretty
What We Wore, Read & Made Linky Party @ Rae Gun Ramblings
Closet Copy Cat @ The Grant Life


post signature

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I really like this outfit - it's easy, breezy and cute!

courtney {splendid actually} said...

ahhhhh maxi dresses. such a love/hate with them. i always feel frumpy too but they are so dang comfortable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...