Wednesday, May 22, 2013

{playing dress up}


Today I'm wearing the layers that make me feel comfortable and protected...



On one level of course I just think this is a cute outfit...trendy and very blogger-ish...a scarf over a sweater over a dress over leggings. "You have great layering skills!" is fun to hear. 

But honestly those layers help me feel at home in my own body. A soft armor of sorts I guess. Socially acceptable from the outside but also a way to protect myself from the sometimes harsh and critical voices inside. I'm still adjusting to my post-baby body. Will I ever be able to say I'm not? At least I have my good and faithful friends...leggings and cardigans and scarves. 



Target dress // thrifted cardigan // TJ Maxx leggings // maurices flats // Groopdealz scarf

*I know this is quite a departure from my normal playing dress up post. But I am taking a writing class. {wink} Playing around with finding my voice and all that fun stuff. 

Linking up with...


pleated poppy

My Style Monday @ My Greatest Hits 
Wardrobe Wednesday @ Create Hope Inspire
Casual Friday @ Two Thirty-Five Designs
Sunday Style @ Modern Modest Beauty
Whatever Whenever Wednesday @ Rolled Up Pretty
What We Wore, Read & Made Linky Party @ Rae Gun Ramblings
Closet Copy Cat @ The Grant Life


post signature

7 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I totally relate. I'm still trying to get used to my body.

You look great!

Jamie Alanna said...

I hear you with the post-baby body. You look great! Gorgeous outfit ;)
Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

Jodi said...

I relate as well - layering is an effective tool for self-confidence! I laughed at the description of a scarf over a sweater over a dress over leggings - you're right, very blogger-ish! haha (GUILTY!!)

Carly said...

Thank you for your sharing! I have to tell you, your hair and makeup look really lovely in these pics. :)

tricia said...

I have never thought of it this way but I'm the same way. I layer year round and I think it's my way of covering up the post baby lumps. Thanks for putting this into perspective for me!

Clareybear said...

I think you look lovely :)

Clare@ itsupsanddowns.wordpress.com/

Melaina25 said...

Gotta love layers!

✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...