Wednesday, July 03, 2013

{playing dress up}


It has been a bad self-talk week for me so far.

You know those days when the little {or sometimes humongous} voices inside keep saying things like, "You're too fat to wear that" and "You aren't talented" and "Nobody cares about the things you're doing."

Ugh.

I hate those voices.

But I'm doing my best to push them aside and do my thing anyway. I didn't even want to take an outfit photo this morning but it is Wednesday and I wanted to share for WIWW because most of the time I enjoy it.

So I ran outside on our patio before I left for work, set the timer on my phone, and this lovely photo looked back at me...


I see ME in this photo. And I feel better about ME.

Sometimes we have to look really close to see who we truly are. 

And now for the rest of my outfit...


Top >>> TJ Maxx

Skirt >>> Thrifted @ Goodwill
Tights & Sandals >>> Target
Necklace >>> Forever 21 piece refashioned by me
Glasses >>> Warby Parker

So here's to throwing those negative voices out of our sacred space and doing our thing anyway!

Linking up with...

pleated poppy

My Style Monday @ My Greatest Hits 
Wardrobe Wednesday @ Create Hope Inspire
Casual Friday @ Two Thirty-Five Designs
Sunday Style @ Modern Modest Beauty
Whatever Whenever Wednesday @ Rolled Up Pretty
What We Wore, Read & Made Linky Party @ Rae Gun Ramblings


post signature

1 comment:

Ania said...

Such a great picture of you. I love the outfit and can totally relate to the negative commentary in your head.

www.creativecolourfuldreams.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...