Wednesday, September 04, 2013

{playing dress up}


Its September!

So excited to start celebrating everything that is fall this month...my absolute favorite time of the year.

And the end of this month holds a big event for me...my very first blog conference!

I'm attending the Influence Conference in Indianapolis the last week of September and to say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement. Meeting so many other like-minded women who want their online life to mean something...and who understand the value of a good statement necklace and mason jar cozy...well that is just priceless! ;)

I'm taking this conference as an opportunity to add a few new pieces to my wardrobe. I never shop for occasions these days and I hardly ever pay full price for anything, even at stores like Target. But I tried this dress on last time we were there...



And I knew it was perfect for the conference. The fit is flattering, very comfortable, and I love the mix of colors and pattern. While I was at it, I added a comfy and versatile turquoise cardigan. These are pieces I'm going to get A LOT of wear out of.

The weather today was perfect to give them a test drive with my denim skinnies, flats, and coral statement necklace...



This exact outfit might just be making an appearance at Influence. :)



Outfit details >>>
Dress & cardigan: Target
Skinnies: TJ Maxx
Flats: thrifted
Necklace: c/o Brighthouse Baubles

Linking up with...

pleated poppy

My Style Monday @ My Greatest Hits 
Wardrobe Wednesday @ Create Hope Inspire
Casual Friday @ Two Thirty-Five Designs
Sunday Style @ Modern Modest Beauty
Whatever Whenever Wednesday @ Rolled Up Pretty
What We Wore, Read & Made Linky Party @ Rae Gun Ramblings

post signature

5 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This is super cute, Mandy! I love the colors and the necklace is also perfect with it.

My Way to Fit and Fab said...

I love the dress and cardigan! So cute! I love all the colors.

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

love the little audience you have while trying on!

Marie @
Lemondrop ViNtAge

Hannah said...

The pattern and fit of that dress are cuute.

J'm so glad we live in the same state because I feel like we experience weather patterns together, and that's just fun. :D

Rachel said...

Very cute!! Now maybe you'll be easier to recognize at the conference! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...