Monday, January 02, 2012

{the year ahead}




I don't know about you, but January is usually a rough month for me. The mixture of cold weather, letdown from the holidays and short days all can create quite the debbie downer.

But this year for some reason I feel different. I feel so optimistic. Hopeful.

Dare I say excited?!

Maybe it is the fact that the weather here in December was unseasonably warm. Maybe it was because we had a really wonderful Christmas and I'm still on a high from all of our time spent with family. Whatever the reason, I'm so pumped for this new year and everything that it could hold for me and my little family.

Last year, I started off 2011 by participating in Ali Edward's One Little Word challenge, and my word was action.

Looking back on 2011, I did take a lot of action, especially here on This Girl's Life. I started participating in What I Wore Wednesday, which was a big leap for me. I interviewed a Project Runway alum. This time last year I would have never thought that was a possibility.  I was featured on at least 10 different blogs and websites, including Ohdeedoh, Tip Junkie, and The Frugal Girls. Whoa did I have a really amazing blogging year.

I am also very proud to say that I took action at home to be a better wife and mother, which any spouse or parent knows is a daily challenge. Along with my hubby, we have made it halfway through the thrashing threes {which are MUCH harder than the terrible two's}. Some days I wonder if we will make it out with our sanity, but we are tackling it as a team and that feels really good.

In 2012 I'm going to continue with a similar theme of action.





My word for 2012 is commit.

Commit to all of the home decorating and organizing projects we need to complete. {with A LOT of help from Pinterest}

Commit to working every day to be an even better wife and mother.

Commit to treating my body better by eating healthier and exercising. {starting tomorrow with a smoothie for breakfast!}

Commit to adding new and exciting content to This Girl's Life.





So how are you feeling about 2012?

If you need some extra excitement, I think I have some to spare. :)

Linking up with...



post signature

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great word! My word last year was Do, and this year it's Reclaim. I posted about it here. http://craftingintherain.blogspot.com/2011/12/word-of-year.html

Hope your year is great! And yay for some new year optimism!

Kathleen said...

You really lived your word last year! Enjoy commit - I think it will make for a great 2012.

Unknown said...

Yay for being excited, Mandy! I'm excited for you! It's going to be a great year. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...