Wednesday, August 24, 2011

{playing dress up}

So hard to believe it is Wednesday again! Time to share what I've been wearing the past week for What I Wore Wednesday. If you aren't familiar with WIWW, head on over to Lindsey's blog, The Pleated Poppy, and you can find out more about it.

Thursday I wore my new rosette necklace...I was so excited to wear it that I made sure to plan my outfit around it. Don't tell me you have never done this. ;)


Ruffled top: Maurices
Gray open cardigan: Kohl's
Capris: Kohl's
Rosette Necklace: Sarie June
Sandals: Dillards

Friday...



Did a little something different with my hair...nothing groundbreaking...just a little twist and a barrette. What do you think?

Dress: Maurices
Cardigan: Target
Sandals: Kohl's

Monday's outfit includes another belt! I found this lovely black number at Kohl's over the weekend for $2.40. Yep...$2.40! I love the detail on it. To be honest, I ended up taking it off about 3/4 through the work day though...I felt like I was wearing a corset. And I actually snapped these photos before I left for work in the morning so you get a much more attractive backdrop. :)


Dress: Kohl's
Open cardigan: Target
Belt: Kohl's
Flower pin; Kohl's
Flats: Maurices

Tuesday...


Top: JC Penney
Open cardigan: Dillards
Skirt: Sears
Sandals: Target
Necklace: Kohl's

Today...


Dress: Target
Shrug: Maurices
Sandals: Target
Earrings: Dillards

So that's it for my week! Did a little more branching out with an oh so trendy rosette necklace, another belt and a new hairstyle. What will I come up with next? I like to live on the edge. ;)

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy, Momma Go Round, and No Model Lady {links in my link list}.

post signature




7 comments:

Unknown said...

The belted outfit looks great. But I understand the corset feeling after sitting at a desk all day.

Jill said...

Love the black belt and that black & white dress! Looking good!!

Linda Z said...

I've been wanting to try and make a rosette necklace... yours is so pretty.

I like your little hair twist and the details on your belt! :)

Kathleen said...

1. Love the rosette necklace on you and yes, I have created an outfit around a necklace. Many times actually.

2. Love your polka dot dress. It's darling.

3. Love your couch. Crisp and modern goodness.

Anonymous said...

You had some really cute outfits this week! I REALLY love Monday's outfit.

Jodi said...

I love your belted outfit... and you got a SarieJune necklace? yay!! She's my friend and it was so exciting to see something of hers on another blog!!

Mrs. H said...

Mandy,
I am typically just a lurker but I have really enjoyed your what I wore Wednesdays. Your outfits are adorable and I love getting the encouragement to dress up myself from stores that offer affordable options!
Keep it up lady!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...