Thursday, August 04, 2011

{Thursday Randoms}

Ready for some randomness?

1. I went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in over two years. {blush} I was worried that I might have a few cavities and much to my surprise and major relief, I am cavity free!!! Cue the hallelujah chorus. We don't have dental insurance so I was really nervous and I'm so thankful that everything looked OK. What a blessing.

2. We got new phones last night! And they were FREE! The hubby and I have both had palms for the past year or so and they were both wearing out. When he saw that Radio Shack had the HTC EVO 4G for free we jumped on it and both upgraded.


I'm still trying to figure this sucker out but I'm already loving the bigger screen and the better camera.

3. I've been reminded lately of how vulnerable life is. Friends have lost a family member and a coworker in car accidents and even though I don't know either of the victims, my heart aches for their families. I have a close family member that I haven't seen in over a year, and I just wanted to tell her that I hope she is OK, and that I hope we can get back on the right track some day. I really mean that. Life is too short.

4. Speaking of how fragile life is, last month we were very fortunate when a ginormous tree fell between our house and our neighbor's. When I say ginormous, I mean it was probably about 70 feet tall and the trunk was probably 6 feet thick. Ginormous. 

The view from our driveway

View of the debris from our family room window

I wasn't home when it fell, but my husband said the noise was deafeningly loud. We are very lucky that no one was hurt and no damage was done to our homes. And now we need to get our other trees checked. Yikes!


5. I'm really getting the itch to wear fall clothes again...boots, tights, sweaters...

 My lovely gray boots...it won't be long now!

6. My birthday is Saturday and I'm doing a really awesome giveaway right here. So come back and enter, OK?

7. Speaking of my birthday, Mom #2 treated me to an early present when we were at the mall last night getting our phones. Two new shiny tubes of Bath and Body Works lipgloss.


Beauty products are a splurge that I don't often get to indulge in these days, so this was a fun treat.

8. I can't wait for this weekend. Lots of time spent with family to celebrate turning the big 3-3. Dinner out with my parents tonight, lunch and shopping with my Mom tomorrow {I have the day off work too!}, A day out with the hubby on Saturday, and a family meal at Mom #2's house on Sunday. I don't think a birthday could get much better than that! 

9. And finally, I don't know how I could love these boys anymore...


Really...is it even possible?

What are your random thoughts for the day?

post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I'm having a meatball hoagie for lunch. Diet be damned.

2. I am now in love with lawnfawn stamps...you should check them out.

3. I wear flip flops to work everyday. Another great thing about working with kids.

4. Pinterest is awesome.

5. I am a total snob about my bottled water- only Dasani, DejaBlue, Aquafina and SmartWater will do. Evian, Ice Mountain and others are gross to me.

6. I love your blog.

7. You are pretty.

Can you guess who this is?

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Laura?! :)

Amy Cluck said...

Happy early birthday! Hope it's a good one.

P.S.) That is the best lip gloss ever, isn't it?!

Nicky said...

love that post... holy moly that IS a GI normous tree! ...yikes...

I got my post ready for the give away tomorrow... Happy EARLY birthday! ;-)

Random thought: I am on Pinterest ... but still can't figure out what the heck it really is?... :-)

Nicole said...

sorry... yes, I meant Saturday! lol :-)

Caitlyn Johnson said...

I love that lip gloss color! It just makes me think "my lip gloss is poppin!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...