Saturday, December 18, 2010

{never too late}

Over the weekend I finally finished decorating our fireplace for Christmas.

It's never too late, right?

I have had a wreath idea in my mind for a few weeks now, and finally finished it up on Saturday while the boys were napping. I really should have taken some progress pics, but the camera would have ended up with hot glue all over it.

So here is the finished product...

photo

I covered a few old ornaments with yarn (get ready for lots of hot glue on your fingers with this project!)...

photo

And made some rosettes and leaves out of felt (about the easiest project EVER)...

photo

Glued on some more ornaments...

And taaadaaa!

photo

The only thing I purchased for this project was the grapevine wreath, which was $3.99. The rest of the ornaments, yarn and felt were already in my stash!

For the mantle, I used my ridiculously long knitted ivory garland (I made it last year for our tree but it was still too short), some antique tinsel, faux greenery, various ornaments in the same shades of green and silver as the wreath, and three votive holders that put off the prettiest glow...

photo

When I asked Landon if he liked the wreath, he said "its perfect."

Nothing like a toddler to validate your craftiness!

8 comments:

Nicky said...

this is really adorable... I love the felt flowers in the mix... so sweet!

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Thanks Nicky!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that, Mandy! TOO CUTE!

Tamara said...

I love it!

Pretty Zesty said...

Lovely touches!

Watkins35 said...

gorgeous - especially love the yarn balls x

Shannon said...

Yarn balls! Love em! I wonder if it's too late to put a big glue gun on my wish list. I only have a rinky dink little dollar store one that goes through one glue stick per squeeze. Anyway, your mantle looks so festive! I am definitely gonna save my pennies to get some of your garland next year, I love the look of it.

The Barron Family said...

That is absolutely adorable! I LOVE the wreath!! Your mantle looks fabulous. You always do a great job decorating.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...