Monday, May 22, 2017

Around Here Lately


Hello friends!

How was your weekend? I thought it would be fun to pop in and share a little random update since I haven't done that in for.ever. 

We had a really busy and productive weekend at our house. Turns out planning to have people over two weekends in a row turns Dan and I into little worker bees! 

This coming Saturday is the boys' 9th birthday party (I KNOW...9?!) and the next weekend I have a new friend coming from out of town to help me with a super exciting art-related adventure, which I'll be sharing more about soon! (ACK!) 

Sooo...we did a lot of cleaning, painting, purging, and a bit of decorating over the weekend to get the house ready.

I spent a bit of time in my little artsy corner of the house, hanging this fun wire shelf and printing some orders. And caught the light streaming in at just the right time...



And I cleaned out my boys' dresser, which turned into more than a few tears, and this photo of their first and latest pairs of shorts...


GOODNESS. They are getting SO big you guys!

And after about two months of being married to my new iPad, I pulled out my sketchbook, pencil and pens to work on a new piece!



I thought it would feel weird after not using them for so long, but it was like reuniting with old friends.




I'm really in love with how this piece turned out.



I even grabbed the star motifs from it to make a pattern...


I've been drawn to shades of pink and orange like crazy lately which is SO not like me...but maybe it is SO like the current me? 

I heard a quote the other day that said something like "you aren't required to be the same person you were 5 years ago or even 5 minutes ago." Isn't that great? Permission to always be changing. 

I am embracing that as I'm noticing lots of things about myself evolving over the past year, and allowing myself to change however much I darn want. 

Consider this your permission to do the same!

Hope you have a fabulous week!

XO, 

signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...