Tuesday, November 13, 2007

{8 years}

November 13th is a special day in our house...8 years ago today Dan and I had our first date. It was also the first time we had ever met in person, because we met online. It is hard to believe that we have been together that long...I don't feel old enough to have been doing anything for 8 years! LOL :)

A lot has happened in that time...we've gone from college students to struggling job seekers to newlyweds and home owners. Little did we know that day as we sat on the swings in the park with absolutely nothing to say to each other that we would end up where we are today. Well, I think we both knew we would still be together, but the rest of this was definitely a mystery.

Today has also been an emotional day for me because it is my Grandma's birthday. She would have been 94 today and this is the first year in quite a few that I don't get to celebrate an anniversary and a birthday all in the same day. I miss her and the holidays this year will be hard knowing that both of my Dad's parents are gone. I miss them.

On a happier note, I'm so looking forward to Thanksgiving next week. I can't wait for all of my Mom's yummy food...her stuffing especially. We switch each year who we have the main meal with, either my parents or Dan's family. It is always such a big contrast between the two because my family is just mom and dad, my sister and her husband, and Dan and I. With his family, if everyone is there, there is usually a group of about 15 packed into a tight space with a bunch of dogs and lots of noise. I've learned to appreciate both for different reasons. I'm sure everyone has these different family dynamics that keep life interesting.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

1 comment:

Pearl Maple said...

Congratulations on a special anniversary.

Love your photos of the trees dressed in their autumn splendor.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...