Saturday, March 01, 2008

{welcome spring!}

March 1st! Ahhh....the thought that spring is right around the corner puts me in *such* a good mood. I got up this morning, had a bowl of cereal, and went right into putting out my Easter decorations. I've been told our house is Easter colors, so this is the season that matches our decor best. :) I made this wreath a few years ago, but added the eggs this year...
My Mom gave me a bunch of great vintage looking Easter bunnies...I think this one is my favorite...



Mom also gave me my Easter tree and decorations. What would I do without her? :)



I also finished a small project this morning that I have been wanting to do for awhile. Personalized glass jars for our coffee (I'm decaf and hubby is regular)...




After finishing these projects, I made a Starbucks run for a vanilla latte, then worked on my topiaries for the porch. I made them last year, but the hubby accidentally knocked them over this winter and broke two of the pots. I bought new pots at Hobby Lobby and got them reassembled. This is what they looked like last year...

Now the pots are plain terra cotta because I don't have the energy to faux finish them again. I still think they look pretty darn cute. :)
Other weekend projects...
Make a Goodwill run
Buy our microwave for over the stove
Go shopping for some new glasses frames...I'm thinking of some brown ones for a change
Clean the downstairs hardwood floors
Do some scrapbooking
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! It is supposed to be 50 degrees here today! WooHoo!!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the easter wreath. So cute!!

Mandi Johnson said...

the coffee jars are so cute!

Valerie said...

Your wreath is so pretty!! And love the topiaries too!! Enjoy the weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I love your style! The coffee jars are just adorable.

alittlebitofscrap said...

Wow, decorating for spring! Sweet. I like the eggs added to the wreath, very pretty esp the blue ones :) You decorations look so happy. Have a great weekend!

Emily said...

Mandy I love all your Easter decor!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...