Wednesday, April 16, 2008

{hanging in there}


That's what I tell people when they ask me how I'm doing. I'm hanging in there. The truth? I'm miserable. Really sore, really emotional, really frustrated that I can't do normal daily tasks like running out to the grocery store (or even shaving my legs for that matter.) I had my 32 week doctor's appointment today and I'm measuring at full term for a single baby...not surprising. I know that I have at least 4 more weeks to go so it is hard for me to stay positive when I already feel so crappy. I came down with some sort of a cold early this week too which is not helping.

But when I feel those babies move inside of me I can't help but smile from ear to ear...it is the most amazing feeling. I know once I have them in my arms I'll be saying what every mother says...it was all worth it.

One of the most frustrating things right now is that I'm off of work, sitting at home all day, but most of the time I just have to lay on the couch because I don't have the energy to do anything else. I want to scrapbook and I want to work on the nursery but even doing a scrapbook page right now is tough. My goal is to at least get all my pregnancy pages done before they arrive because from day one I'll be amassing quite a pile of baby photos that I'll want to scrapbook, and I won't want to work on my pg photos.

There are so many things we still need to do before we are officially parents. We need to buy a new car...that's a big one. Luckily we were able to pay off our current car with our tax refund, but it is too small to handle twins and all of their gear, so we need something bigger. We also still need to buy a dresser for the nursery. The one we really want is at IKEA, but even with the new one in Ohio, it is still 1 1/2 hours away and I can't go, so hubby would have to go alone or find a friend to go along with him. Their price just can't be beat for the quality, and we need a really big dresser since the nursery doesn't have a closet. Hopefully we can work something out. This is the one I have my eye on...

Well, my stomach is telling me its time to eat again (or maybe that's the babies sending my stomach messages). Either way the fridge is calling. :)

2 comments:

TileGirl said...

I just randomly click on the scrolling "most recently updated" on the blogger dashboard and found your blog. I checked out your last few months of post. You have a lot of stuff going on it your life. I am very excited for you and your husband to be expanding your family soon. Two boys! How awesome. I have one boy, almost 4 yrs. You are going to be tired and challenged but more importantly, overjoyed and amazed at every aspect of being a mom. You can do it!

Love all the bedding and furniture you've picked for the nursery. All your colors are awesome. Love the owl stuff!

I am impressed w/ your scrapbooking of your pregnancy. Way to go. I have been scrapbooking for years and now that I have a son I've been making albums for him. Do the best you can to keep it up w/ your boys. They will appreciate it when they're older.

If you're super-bored you can check out my blog:
http://jonasupdate.blogspot.com/

Take care & good luck.

Stephanie said...

This is a GREAT dresser. My husband and I bought matching sets after we first got married and I LOVE MINE. I have this one in black.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...