Wednesday, March 23, 2011

{Buddha Ben}

Last night it was my turn to put Benny to bed. We have this little ritual of letting the boys watch a few short videos on our phones before they go to sleep. {we read to them too so don't judge me ;)}

As he was laying in his bed watching Tow Mater, I just sat and took in the view. His precious face...the way he moves his mouth when he smiles and talks...the sparkle in his blue eyes. And then he did something that took me back to when he was a baby. He clasped his hands near his face like he was praying. Like this...


He sat like this a lot...so cute...


I have a difficult time seeing the baby in Benny these days, but for those few seconds I was right back there. Cue the teary eyes and overcoming feeling of a grateful heart. And thoughts of where did the time go?!

He may be sporting a serious big boy face {complete with yogurt smear}and lots more blond hair these days...


But he will always be my little Buddha Ben.

{He totally looked like Buddha, don't you think?}

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I just died from the cuteness. I now know why people have more kids. As soon as they get bigger, your heart goes to mush looking at wee babies. So so cute!

mandie lane said...

I swear, you've got the cutest boys. Ben often reminds me so much of Anderson, too!

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Shannon - Yes! Total.mush. :)

Mandie - thanks girl - I see Anderson too! I think it is the bright blue eyes. <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...