Thursday, April 21, 2011

{welcome home}

One space that I've really been itching to redecorate is our entryway. When we moved in I did a quick arrangement of some of my cottage and shabby chic items and it turned out pretty cute...


But that just isn't our style anymore. In fact, that cute green table has gone on to a new owner.

I've never been fond of yellow as a wall color, and our entire downstairs is yellow. Thank goodness the entryway is at least a soft shade of the offending color.

The tiny half bath is another story... {you might want to put on your sunglasses for this one}


Yeah...now that is yellow. But that is another project, another blog post.

I've been pinning entryway photos for inspiration and have found that I love spaces with a bench instead of a table. The only thing we use our current table for {a hand-me-down/space-filler from my parents} is to put our mail, keys and a lamp, which we hardly ever turn on. So I'm thinking a great shelf and maybe a few hooks would solve the surface issue. Here are a few images that are really inspiring me...

Love this color combination...




This light fixture is pretty awesome...


Source: None via Mandy on Pinterest


These shelves are great looking and very practical... {IKEA perhaps?}




Drooling over this wall color, and the art...




Love the fun statement this Etsy piece makes...


Source: etsy.com via Mandy on Pinterest


Such a calming place to come home to...




And I blogged about this before, but I think this coat/key rack is so genius and would maybe keep me from losing my keys...



So my main idea is gray walls + bench + shelves of some sort + fun art = entryway perfection.

My parents even offered to help us paint...I think I might have to take them up on that soon. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...