Tuesday, September 13, 2011

{family vacation recap}

Over a week later and I'm finally getting to a recap of our family trip to the suburbs of Chicago. I'm know...I'm such a slacker.

The trip was very low key...lots of time with the boys and with family. Nothing too fancy...maybe next time we'll venture downtown to see the sights but this time around we enjoyed relaxing and doing lots of shopping, eating, Wii playing and catching up.

On the way there...




Can you tell where we stopped for lunch?

There are a gazillion {OK...more like 300 or so}of these wind turbines outside of Lafayette, Indiana...


The boys thought they were really cool. {OK...and so did I. I'm such a nerd ;) }

The first night I surprised the boys with new Cars PJ's...


Basically a bribe to get them to go to bed. You parents know you've all done it. :)

The first night of sleep was a challenge, but it got better after that.

One of the fun outings we had on Sunday was a trip to the Illinois Railway Museum. The boys were so excited to see the trains...


Aren't they so cute in their conductor hats?

They both couldn't wait to ride one of the many trains they had running. That is, until we went to climb aboard one of the smaller electric cars. Landon freaked out. Poor little guy. But Ben was super excited so I rode it with him while Dan hung out with Landon on solid ground.

Ben's facial expressions were priceless...


And apparently I need to work on my self portrait skills...


I think their favorite parts were the model trains...


And exploring the unused tracks...


On another day we took them to a local playground and had our own little game of baseball...


Look at that form!



Dirty shorts = sign of a game well played.

But by far the best part of the trip was hanging out with family...


Silly boys and their typical picture poses...


The boys adjusted so well and had a lot of fun playing with their "aunts and uncles" {the hubby's cousins}...
 


And the food...oh the food. We were spoiled with huge breakfasts every morning {lots of bacon!} and chicken parm and enchiladas...I should have taken more food photos but I did get one of the Giordano's pizza we had for dinner our last night there...


Soooo yummy.

So that was our trip in a {rather large} nutshell.  

And I can't believe I edited all of those pictures. What was I thinking? Just for you my friends, just for you. ;)

post signature

2 comments:

Julie said...

Did you know the battery part (the center of the wind turbine) is the size of a school bus? The blades are approx. 100 feet each and the total structure is approx. 300 feet. I am a dork for trivia. Love the wind farms!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a fun trip! I think I would have really enjoyed the trains too. Glad you all had a good time :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...