Wednesday, November 28, 2012

{decked out Christmas trees}


You all, I am in a crafting ZONE this year.

I mean, I always like crafting. But for some reason, I'm in the middle of some super crafting force field right now. And I'm LOVING it. :)

One project I finished up over the weekend was for our Christmas mantel. I knew I wanted to do something new this year, and our mantel is a challenge because it is only a few inches deep. When I spotted these MDF Christmas trees at Hobby Lobby {aka craft heaven}, I knew I had found what I was looking for...



So I got out some paint and glitter and decked them out for Christmas!


This was a super easy and affordable project. The trees were 5.99 each and were 50% off when I bought them so they were only $3 each. I bought one small bottle of acryclic craft paint and the other supplies I already owned. So this project totaled about $7.

I used paint and glitter on both trees, but used to different techniques on them. For the green tree I started by painting it...

Then I used some mod podge and the lid of a chapstick as a stamp to make polka dots, immediately sprinkling glitter over the dots...




For the silver tree, I used a metallic acrylic paint...


And a glue pen...

I drew scallops on the tree with the glue pen and used the sprinkled a generous amount of the glitter over the glue...


Once both of the trees were dry I had this!



I can't wait to show you how they look on the completed Christmas mantel, but you'll have to wait a bit for that.  I know...I'm such a tease. ;)

Have you been working on any holiday crafts? I'd love to see them!

Linking up with...

Redhead Can Decorate

post signature

8 comments:

Four Marrs and One Venus 11:18 AM  

Mandy! Love them! Those trees are looking mighty fine! Thanks for hooking them up over at the No Rules Christmas party!!
Jen

Sophie @TheForge 6:57 PM  

super cute and so easy to do!! I love glitter but not the fact that it seriously sticks to everything ;) oh well!

Mandy 7:22 PM  

super cute! just love them!!!

Our Pinteresting Family 12:06 AM  

What a neat idea! They look great. Megan

Katie Drane 11:19 AM  

What a fun project and they look great!

Katie
www.funhomethings.com

Ruth 11:03 PM  

Super cute trees. How fun to find something to fit your mantel so well.
Ruth

Mariel 10:38 PM  

So cute! I'd love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Tuesday - Saturday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

Ellora Drinnen 12:33 AM  

These trees are super cute and I love that they are easy to create! I can't believe I haven't seen these trees in Hobby Lobby - as much as I'm there. Next time, I'm gonna definitely look for them. Great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP