Saturday, November 17, 2012

{reviving a thrifted sweater}




The thrifting Gods were smiling down upon me during my last trip to Goodwill. 

I headed straight to the sweater racks, because I've been hoping to find some great oversized cardigans for the winter season. And what was the first piece I found?

This lovely cardigan...


I was pinching myself over the luck of finding this perfectly oversized, cozy and very on trend right now cardigan. In my size. Serendipity I tell ya. Or maybe just luck. ;)

The only thing I didn't LOVE about this sweater was the buttons. See them up there? Just blending into the sweater and not really saying much? Yeah...I wasn't a fan.

Sooo...I headed over to my local JoAnn store and picked up some great retro-inspired buttons that seemed to fit the mood of the sweater much better...


And after a bit of sewing the sweater now has an extra pop from its fancy new buttons!



And in the last two weeks it has become my favorite cozy companion...


I love how versatile this piece is...so far I've worn it with skinny jeans...



And my chambray dress...


Have you revamped a thrifted piece to make it more you? I'd love to hear about it! 

post signature

3 comments:

Number Fifty-Three said...

Awesome find! The buttons make such a huge difference. You wouldn't really think that they would, but really the new buttons change the entire vibe of the sweater. Love it!

Angela

Anonymous said...

Love it! I would wear it!!

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

Love it with the chambray dress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...