Monday, February 23, 2015

{quick diy project}


On my last trip to Goodwill, I was lucky to find this great stair basket...



I've wanted one to corral all of our hats and gloves. But I wasn't too excited about the boring paint finish.

Simple enough to fix though, with a can of pretty olive green spray paint and some painter's tape!

I wanted to keep the wooden balls the original color, so I taped them off and then went to town with the paint. And I'm super happy with the results!




Not bad for a $4 basket and a $3 can of spray paint!

I would show it to you on our stairs, but they are currently a mess of dried up salt and random shoes from this nasty weather we're having. So we'll just leave that to your imagination, OK? 

Have you done any quick DIY projects lately? 

XO,
signature

3 comments:

Betsy said...

The results look great! I've always liked those baskets and some day when I actually have stairs to put one on I'm getting one!

Unknown said...

Cute!! Yes, we made shelves this weekend.

Mary Mac said...

Great DIY project. I love the paint color you choose and the idea to leave the wooden pieces in that great pop of color.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...