Monday, March 02, 2015

{in my sketchbook}


My sketchbook is my constant companion these days, always in my bag in case inspiration strikes, or in some cases, anxiety. 

Doodling has become my go-to anxiety buster. And lately repeated patterns are my doodle of choice.

One of the many hats I wear at work is event planner, and this past Saturday was one of the big annual conferences I put together. Being in charge of 80+ people can often lead to lots of anxiety for me, so of course my sketchbook was put to good use. 

Here is what I came up with during the lunch break...



And then during the afternoon workshops I added color...



Drawing all of those little circles is such good therapy, but coloring them in was even more relaxing. I love how they look like little bits of sea glass, or like a few friends added on social media, soap bubbles and river rocks. 

These types of doodles are a fun change from my usual handlettering and illustrations. 

XO,
signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...