Tuesday, January 05, 2016

{happy books}


I've been a bit obsessed since, oh, last week, at organizing every single thing in our house.

I guess it is all a part of my one little word for 2016.

One thing that has been driving me crazy lately is my book collection, which has been overflowing my bedside table and a too small basket for over a year now. So, I was looking for some sort of bookshelf that would fit in the little nook inside our bedroom door.

And then yesterday someone at work was selling wooden crates for cheap....and...voila!


Instant bookshelf!

I love how I'm greeted by all of my favorites when I walk into our bedroom now. 





I can see every title and choose whatever inspiration I need that day, from Shauna Niequist to Lisa Congdon, Austin Kleon to Bob Goff

And on top I gathered a few happies that help to center me and remind me to breath and relax...




I'll probably dress up the top a bit more, but this was a happy start.

My favorite thing about this little book nook is the feeling of calm and happiness it brings me whenever I walk into our bedroom. I think there is some good feng shui here, and I'm a total believer that a visually appealing space can positively impact your attitude. 

Are you tackling any home organization projects so far this year? Tell me about them!

XO,
signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...