Saturday, February 04, 2017

Decorating around a HUGE TV


We recently moved our TV to a different wall in our family room, and for the first time I had a huge empty wall to decorate around this big black box. 

In the past we had our TV above the fireplace (our first house) and most recently it was on a half wall. So this was new territory for me!

Obviously what was on that wall before the TV was there wasn't working...



And I hadn't changed anything on that wall in ummm...5 years or so. It was definitely time for a change!

I knew I wanted to create a fun collage to frame the TV, and my inspiration started with this butterfly artwork Landon created in art camp last summer. 



I love everything about it! 

Of course the fact that my 8 year old made it is the best part. But the image is so lovely, especially the colors. I found a shadow box frame for it at Hobby Lobby, and covered the board behind it with sticky chalkboard paper to make the art really pop. 

And then I started gathering more artwork and other pieces that coordinated. 

The hexagon shelf was an idea I had pinned a long time ago, so I was excited to pick one up, also at Hobby Lobby, along with the four artwork. The cute little faux succulent is from Target, and the adorable peacock house is from Things with Wings. 



Here is the finished (I think) wall...


I might still do some tweaking. Not totally sure about the arrow in the lower left, but for now I'm calling it a day.


"Kind people" artwork from Natural Life, and what my husband refers to as a "giant paper plate holder" 😂 is a thrifted basket from Goodwill. "Dream" canvas is one of my licensed pieces from METcolors.


My other favorite piece on this wall is this landscape painting made by Ben, also in art camp this past summer. 

(We LOVE art camp!)





Home sign also by Things with Wings, and lovely hand artwork by Mary Wangerin. 

The turquoise piece is a trivet from Hobby Lobby!




And another sweet spot are these candles and mini (faux) succulent on the TV cabinet...


And now I want to redo basically every wall art we have in the house. My husband is thrilled. 😉



Cheers to the weekend!

signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...