Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Watercolor + Digital Illustration


Hello friends!


I wanted to share a fun experiment I've been playing around with this past week. I've been obsessed with watercolor painting, and came up with some lovely swatches of color using some new watercolor inks I picked up at Hobby Lobby.

Then I merged my watercolor swatches with digital illustration on my iPad with the Procreate app (LOVE this app for digital drawing).

I scanned my watercolor swatches and imported them into Procreate, and had LOTS of fun with some nature shapes...
I really love how the variations of color show through, and having the look of watercolor, but the control of drawing the motifs. The best of both worlds!

I'm thinking of creating a Skillshare class to teach this technique. It is SUPER fun, and the process is a bit like magic.
XO,
signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...