Wednesday, July 11, 2007

{wednesday already?}

I can't believe it is already Wednesday...this week is flying by! It has helped that they are keeping me super busy at work which I don't mind at all. I already have three mailings that I'm working on in addition to a few other things.

Here is a quote I saw on one of my friend's myspace bulletins today...thought it was funny in kind of a sad way...

"Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it." - Ellen Gregory

I would like to think that I work for a sense of personal satisfaction, especially since I work in the non-profit education world, and the job I do (fundraising) is so important. On the other hand, of course we all work for the paycheck so we can have nice things and enjoy life to the fullest. I can't say that I'm not looking forward to getting my first bigger paycheck at the end of this month!

Something random from last night and why I am such a sucker. I gave a little girl $6 for a tiny box of thin mints. Yes...she was cute and I couldn't say no to her. That is a good reason why I should never have cash. I had a fresh $10 bill in my wallet, and I just can't lie to an 8 year old! Dan gave me SUCH a hard time for that one. LOL :) BTW...the thin mints are really good, so that makes me feel a little less jipped.

On a sad note, I'm going to a funeral this morning for Dan's great aunt Caroline. I never met her, but I feel like I should go. If anything I know Dan's mom will appreciate the support. Caroline was an accomplished ballroom dancer and a published ceramic artist...she sounded like quite an interesting lady!

OK...time for me to get to work. Happy hump day everyone!

xoxo

3 comments:

Nesting For Natalie said...

love the quote!
amy

Michelle said...

That quote is awesome and so so true! That's going on my daily card for today! Thanks for sharing!

Tracy said...

hey, I need your email so that you can view my blog...

hope to see you on the nest soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...