Saturday, August 18, 2007
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Last night was such a productive night for me. We cooked dinner and cleaned up the kitchen, I took a walk and did some scrapbooking. This may be how a typical night is for most people, but we usually don't fare so well. I'm lucky if I get one of those things done in an evening! :) Nothing too exciting going on today...a pretty quiet day at work and not sure what will happen this evening. Hopefully I'll have another productive night since the weather has cooled off for my walks and I just got a new stash of scrapbook goodies with a bunch of AC thickers! LOOOVE those things! I also got some fun news this morning...I won a RAK of Hambly goodies from fellow blogger Lizz...thanks girl!!! I'm so excited to get my goodies! Here is the layout I did last night. It has taken me awhile to be ready to work with this photo of me and Grandma...I still got a little teary making it but I'm so proud of how it turned out-->
and here's the journaling (hidden under the photo)
Hope everyone is having a great day!
Sunday, August 12, 2007
I had *such* a fabulous weekend! Saturday started with a shopping trip to the mall where I found so many bargains...spent about $95 on over $200 worth of stuff. I got a really cute dress for work, jeans, a t-shirt in my favorite shade of green, two pair of shoes (one of them green) and a new wallet in (you guessed it)...green! :) On my way home from my shopping high, I noticed that there was an arts fair in town, so I called my mother-in-law and we went together. I found a cute pottery business card holder for my desk at work, and we sat and had iced coffee together and some great conversation. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with her. She is so fun to be with and we have great chats when it is just the two of us. The day finished up with watching a movie with Dan and doing some scrapbooking (can you tell what the subject is of two of these layouts???)
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
I'm making a set of four paintings for a friend and I'm having so much fun making them. I hadn't painted in years and I'm rediscovering how much I like it. Granted, these are modern paintings with only 2 colors of paint, but that's a start, right? :) Here is the third in the set --->
Not much else going on today. Work is keeping me super busy but I'm not complaining...makes the days fly by!
Happy Hump Day!
Monday, August 06, 2007
Thursday, August 02, 2007
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
So I'm having an extremely frustrating morning. I won't go into the details but it isn't even 9:00 yet and too many things have happened to count on one hand. When I finally got my email open, I had a message from my friend Sharon which helped me put it all into perspective...
- Brenda was almost halfway to the top of the tremendous granite cliff. She was standing on a ledge where she was taking a breather during this, her first rock climb. As she rested there, the safety rope snapped against her eye and knocked out her contact lens. "Great", she thought. "Here I am on a rock ledge, hundreds of feet from the bottom and hundreds of feet to the top of this cliff, and now my sight is blurry."
- She looked and looked, hoping that somehow it had landed on the ledge. But it just wasn't there.
- She felt the panic rising in her, so she began praying. She prayed for calm, and she prayed that she may find her contact lens.
- When she got to the top, a friend examined her eye and her clothing for the lens, but it was not to be found. Although she was calm now that she was at the top, she was saddened because she could not clearly see across the range of mountains. She thought of the bible verse "The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth."
- She thought, "Lord, You can see all these mountains. You know every stone and leaf, and You know exactly where my contact lens is. Please help me."
- Later, when they had hiked down the trail to the bottom of the cliff they met another party of climbers just starting up the face of the cliff. One of them shouted out, "Hey, you guys! Anybody lose a contact
- Well, that would be startling enough, but you know why the climber saw it? An ant was moving slowly across a twig on the face of the rock, carrying it!
- The story doesn't end there. Brenda's father is a cartoonist. When she told him the incredible story of the ant, the prayer, and the contact lens, he drew a cartoon of an ant lugging that contact lens with the caption, "Lord, I don't know why You want me to carry this thing. I can't eat it, and it's awfully heavy. But if this is what You want me to do, I'll carry it for You."
- I think it would do all of us some good to say, "God, I don't know why You want me to carry this load. I can see no good in it and it's awfully heavy. But, if You want me to carry it, I will."
- God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
- Yes, I do love GOD. He is my source of existence and my Savior. He keeps me functioning each and every day. Without Him, I am nothing, but with Him....I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)