Monday, April 13, 2009

{what a weekend!}

It was quite a weekend for the Fords. On Saturday, we were able to go over to the new house and start painting! The blue room is being painted to same shade of brown that the boys' nursery is currently (tree branch from Sherwin Williams). I'm sooo excited to see the blue go...can you tell?! :)



Sooo much better!


Mother-in-law is a great helper...she even looks good when she's taping down drop cloths!


The boys supervised...errr...napped while we worked.


What a life!


The green bedroom is being painted a nice neutral beige...a good backdrop for my idea of brown and orange accessories. This will be Ben's room and he is inheriting this Ben Harper poster that is currently in our office. I think it will be great to add color and whimsy to the room.


And of course I had to take a picture of the yard with the SOLD sign!

Things are moving right along with getting the house ready to move in. We have a contractor there today replacing the shaky railing at the top of the stairs with a half wall. Will be much safer for the boys and another wall to put furniture along as well.

For Easter yesterday, my parents came over and we spent the day at home eating finger foods and playing with the boys. They were so active yesterday...wore us all out! Here they are with their gifts from Grandma and Grandpa...



And I couldn't resist the obligatory bunny ear shots...

AND, Ben got his first haircut yesterday! I couldn't take his mini mullet any longer, so I broke out the scissors, took a deep breath, and started cutting.


Not bad if I do say so myself. Look at that cute neck!


It was quite a weekend, that's for sure. Next Easter will be a lot more fun since they will be old enough for an egg hunt. Or new yard is just perfect.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

Carla said...

They are so cute Mandy! I can't wait to see more pictures of the house as you put your touch on it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...