Monday, March 08, 2010

{mod}

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I am falling out of love with shabby chic.

It has been good to me, but sadly shabby chic and our new house just don't love each other. And my husband just doesn't love shabby chic. Can you blame him? Not many men are fans of vintage handkerchiefs and curvy furniture.

Don't get me wrong. I still love beadboard. And milkglass and I will always have a little affair going on. And white furniture still holds a place in my heart.

But....

The husband and I have decided to start altering our decor towards a more midcentury modern vibe. He aboslutely loves it, and the more I think about interiors that make my heart skip a beat, a room like this...

yellowdesk01 by corrosiveheart.

can do it for me just as much as a room like this...

Maria Garuti;s Cottage by It's Great To Be Home.

So we are idea-collecting and dreaming right now, but hope in the next few years we can find some great pieces and transform our home into something that we truly love. Right now it is really a hodge podge of so many different things. What looked great in our old 1920's house just doesn't quite fit in our new 1960's house. Four decades sure did a lot for home design!

So I'll leave you with some photos I discovered of midcentury modern influenced interiors that really get my inner interior designer going.

Final Kitchen 2 by HouseObsession.

Orla tablecloth & placemats!! by HouseObsession.



Lamp Makover by Smile And Wave.
Courtesy of Rachel from Smile and Wave

bedroom by johnny&stacie.

Dining room by hownowdesign.
Love this mix of a more traditional table and retro/modern chairs. I want to try this in our dining room!

new credenza by kitchen_gnome.
We are currently on the look out for a midcentury modern dresser or credenza like the one above to use in our dining room...stalking Craigslist 24-7.

New Storage in the Library by pinklovesbrown.
I love these IKEA cabinets Nicole used - functional and very attractive.

Her bedroom is also perfectly simple...

Our Bedroom by pinklovesbrown.

And her living room makes me drool...

My Living Room by pinklovesbrown.


My Living Room by pinklovesbrown.

Enough eye candy for one day? Nah, but I better take a break before I overdose on these amazing mod spaces.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...