Friday, September 14, 2012

{the best part of life}


Sometimes the best parts of life aren't the good things.

They aren't the happy, filled with joy moments.

Sometimes they arise from the really hard moments.

For me, the past few years have been at time consumed by a tough moment that has hung on with everything it has...that hasn't let go. But it has given me a new perspective. A new way to see myself. To see others. To appreciate those around me...to appreciate their flaws.

To forgive.

To let go of anger.

To hope for change...for a new beginning.


Today I had the privilege to hear one of my good friends give a message about being broken open. And how we really see God in those moments. How He meets us in those moments and fills up our broken places.

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted 
and saves the crushed in spirit. 
-Psalm 34:18

I have been broken and I'm so thankful...for I have been shown a new way to live.

A new way to give thanks.

A new way to see myself in relationship to others.

And I know that no matter how long this hard thing hangs on for...even it if never goes away...I will be OK.


post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...