Tuesday, December 31, 2013

{a year of growth}


2013...you were a year of growth for me. 

That was the word I chose for you, and boy did you ever come through.

I grew into myself more than I could have imagined this time last year. 



I found new friendships, one in particular, that encourage me to be fully myself. What a blessing that has been.



And oh yeah...I taught my first workshop!

I went to my first blogging conference and spent my first weekend away from the boys. 



The friendships I made there continue to fill my heart with love and support. What a great group of ladies. 

I rediscovered my love for drawing. 



I almost have no words for this...it has brought me alive. 

And I have a feeling this doodling journey of mine has just begun. Boy am I grateful. 

I grew as a Mom...learning how to parent 5 year olds {OK...I'm still learning that lesson} and kindergartners. 



Whew! is all I have to say about that one.

Some days these boys darn right overwhelm me, but in the end this journey of motherhood is incomparable in the best of ways. 

And let's not forget this guy and I celebrated 10 years of marriage...



Watching him as a father, seeing his daily devotion to our family amid the messiness of daily life...it is all so beautiful. 

So thank you, 2013. You helped me grow by leaps and bounds. 

XO,

post signature

fc31a34dd3b5b0a6dde9a4c89d4c0fa580b7d01f7febf46a34

2 comments:

Julie H. Schaal said...

Seriously though...Isn't it the best to do something that makes you come alive?? Wonderful!! Blessings and MORE in 2014!

Dan R Morris said...

We hope you do more blogging conferences! You're most welcome to join us at Blogging Concentrated anytime.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...