Friday, June 13, 2014

{hello friday}


I don't know about you, but I've been singing "Happy" all day today...I'm so excited for the weekend!

My hubby has tonight off of work and we are going to relax with a yummy dinner and let the boys play outside in the gorgeous weather. Summer is treating us well so far. :)

It has been a good week for clearing things out both physically and mentally. We got new carpet at work so I had to clean my office out completely, which turned out to be the best thing ever. I rearranged my furniture and brought in some new decorative pieces. It is like a new space and I feel so much clearer headed now when I'm there. I'll share some photos when I get it all finished. 
I brought this fake succulent planter from home and put it in the window next to my desk. I love the simplicity of it, and am already enjoying sitting right next to this view!

 I also started purging and organizing the boys toys with some help from some new storage containers...
I grabbed an under-the-bed box for all of their cars, green totes for their legos, and the drawer unit is holding miscellaneous block sets and games...
I still need to tackle the other side of their playroom, but yay for one clean corner! 

I also ordered a bookshelf for all of their craft supplies...it is due to arrive today! I have to admit that I had a slight breakdown early in the week because their toys and craft supplies were in such a mess and all over the house. I was CRANKY. :( 

I bought these storage pieces out of desperation and am SO glad I did. I am making a promise to myself that I won't let it get this bad again. 

In another keeping-it-real mom moment, I enjoyed a krispy kreme while I cooked dinner the other night...
How's that for an appetizer? ;) 

And we were out of milk so the mac-n-cheese got a dose of half-n-half. I might just make it like that from now on. Sooo good!

In other yummy food news...these are BBQ nachos...
Holy crap they are delicious. If you live near Richmond, Indiana, you need to order them from the Firehouse BBQ and Blues. You can thank me later. Their BBQ sauce is what sends them over the top. Now I'm drooling.

In boy related news, this one usually gets up 1-2 hours before his brother now that school is out, so we enjoyed a little one-on-one craft time Sunday morning...
That is a paper plate and straw dinosaur if you were wondering.

And this one...
Can you tell he is a bit of a ham? Just a bit. 

Of course I also did some doodling this past week. 

I worked on a new blog header...
Another nature doodle...
And a special one inspired by this book... 
I'll definitely be blogging more about that later. 

It has really been a great week. Going into the weekend with a clear head and a full heart. How was your week?

XO,
post signature

2 comments:

Amy K said...

Love the doodles!! So sweet!

Andrea @ This Pug Life said...

One of my favorite foods ever is BBQ chicken nachos from Bandanna's BBQ (it's a chain, I'm not sure in what regions).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...