Tuesday, May 26, 2009

{full}

What a great weekend we had! Full of time with family, house projects, an IKEA trip, and lots of fun with the boys. I didn't accomplish everything around the house that I wanted to do, but got quite a few things done.

Finally got Ben's curtains hung up and I love them...the fabric looks so great with his Ben Harper poster, and his custom pillow from my dear friend Kelly...



Dan and his mom got my Mother's Day present put together and I'm loving it. They got me a swing for our patio and I've already gotten to enjoy it, along with the boys. They would rather try to climb up the sides though, while momma much prefers enjoying the view.

I must add that Sunday night while I was enjoying a few minutes of me time on my swing, a lovely bird decided to crap on my ankle. Welcome to nature! And we have a TON of mosquitoes in our neighborhood. I must have at least 10 bites on me right now, with 5 or so being on my forehead and behind my ears. Super itchy and annoying. Bring on the OFF!

Our IKEA trip was pretty much a bust shopping wise. The curtains that I wanted were sold out in white...big bummer. So I'm still on the never ending hunt for dining room curtains that won't cost me an arm and a leg. We still had fun though and spent a whopping $16 on a few random items.

And finally, a baby-proofing project that I'm really excited about. When we first moved in, we were using the pillows from our sofa to keep the boys from cracking their heads on the concrete fireplace hearth. Not so effective or attractive as you can see here...



Well, my mother-in-law came up with the brilliant idea to use one of the boys' crib bumpers, which we aren't using on their cribs anymore, to pad it. It was the perfect size! She cut it in half, sewed the long edges together, and used velcro on the ends to make a perfectly padded slipcover for what used to be an awful baby hazard. I love how it turned out! (luckily the pattern on the bumper matched our decor)




Started working on birthday party stuff this weekend also...made decorations and special shirts for the boys. I'm getting sooo excited!!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea to re-use the crib bumper! Your mother-in-law is a gem, isn't she?!

Jill said...

Looks great! I love those curtains and the multi-function on a crib bumper! :) I love it when things work out like that! Go mom-in-law!!!

Oh and the $16.00 at Ikea. I've done that too! Doesn't it feel weird to travel 2 hours and spend only $16.00? Love that place though!

lisa truesdell said...

that is an awesome idea!! we need an ikea trip, BAD, but the nearest one is 7 hours. sigh.

DianeTaylor said...

WOW - I love that idea about using the bumpers, so cool and unique AND functional, I love it (and the color is divine too).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...