Thursday, May 28, 2009

{ridiculous}

So I'm ridiculously excited about the boys' birthday. Seriously I think I might be just as excited as I was on my wedding day.

I went to the party store today and bought balloon bouquets (don't worry...they will be picked up on Saturday to avoid a deflation crisis). I was tempted to buy the 5 ft. tall Elmo but settled on the usual round "happy birthday" mylar...simple and sweet. Got two of course, one for L and one for B. And I added two party hats to the cart with metallic fringe. I was going to pass on the hats but all of a sudden I thought of the picture of them eating their cupcakes and that picture would not be complete without a shiny cardboard cone on their cute little heads. We'll see if they actually humor me and wear them for more than 10 seconds.

We still have a TON of little stuff to get done around the house. Thankfully both of my moms are coming over tomorrow to help. My Mom is making the cupcakes with funfetti cake, of course. And lots of sprinkles and my handmade cupcake toppers. You'll have to wait for party pics to see those. :) Getting my hair done tomorrow morning which is a treat I'm looking forward to. I haven't had my highlight done in months...the grays are starting to take over!

I'm trying not to stress too much about all of the little things...my biggest fear is that I will miss out on that perfect picture or perfect family moment in the midst of all of the birthday chaos. But I will have two cameras on hand AND a video camera so hopefully that will cover all bases. I know...I'm a little obsessed with capturing memories.

I am putting together a photo wall of pics of the boys from birth - 11 months to hang over the gift table, and fun pennant strings that will have bags of cotton candy, peanuts and animal crackers hanging from them. The boys have special shirts to wear...the hubs is a little iffy on those but he is humoring me.

I know that I'm going to get teary on Saturday. It has been a year like I don't think I'll ever experience again in my life...the hardest, scariest, most wonderful, love-filled year of my life. Even though I would never want to do it again, I'm a little sad that it is over. My boys are almost officially not babies anymore. Wow.

And my Grandma is coming...can't wait to see her. What a day it will be!

1 comment:

DianeTaylor said...

HAPPY HAPPY 1sy B-DAY, Ben and Landon!!! woohoo - I am going to eat some yummy CAKE today in your honor. I cna't wait to see your pics of the party, Mandy. Enjoy every second.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...