Monday, August 10, 2009

{31}

I'm not sure why, but turning 31 hit me a lot harder than turning 30. Maybe because when I turned 30 I was in that "just had twins somebody help me get through the next few months without losing my mind" haze. My 30th year was such a roller coaster that I didn't really have time to stop and think...wow...I'm 30! Even so, I am now 31 and I must say that I'm really looking forward to the year ahead. The boys are in such a fun stage, we are getting ready to welcome another little boy into the family this fall (no...I'm not pregnant, sister-in-law is!) and I'm just excited to see what life has in store for us.

The celebration started a day early with MIL having us over for dinner. She and SIL surprised me with the cutest dress that I had been eyeing at Dillards. It reminds me of Meg Ryan in French Kiss...loooove it...


On my actual birthday, I ended up taking the day off of work so I could have some me time that day, and I'm so glad I did. That morning the hubs went out and got me breakfast from Starbucks, and I got some quality playing time in with the boys. Then the hubs gave me my present...the most adorable bag from Etsy...



And the Mat Kearney CD I'd been wanting...



Best morning possible really.

Then, I took off to Kohl's to shop for a bridal shower gift for my friend Erica, who is marrying Dan's cousin Eric on September 19th. We are sooo excited for their wedding. Cutest couple ever!

After some shopping, I picked up lunch at Chipotle and headed to MIL's house, where I scrapbooked for a good 4 or so hours. I finally got started on the boys' 1st Birthday album. I'm having A LOT of fun with this one. I bought a bunch of stuff from the Sassafras Lass Bungle Jungle line which is just perfect for their cirucus party theme. Here are a few pics of the pages I worked on. Still a work in progress...

When I returned home, still on a scrapbooking high, I walked into the dining room to find the most beautiful vase full of flowers from my sweet internet bff's. They are the best!



If that wasn't already a perfect day, my parents took the boys out for dinner and some shopping so the hubs and I could go out to dinner. Don't we look really white? And happy? :)



We went to Red Lobster and stuffer our faces with fish and biscuits. Mmmm...

Then we rented a movie to watch after dinner, but by the time we got the boys to bed we both passed out on the couch and recliner. I don't know why we thought we could stay awake for a movie. Wishful thinking I guess...

And finally, because I'm obsessed with handbags, I bought this lovely Fossil orange leather number with some birthday money from the parents. Isn't she beautiful?! And I got her for 70% off which makes it even better! Here are my two new bff's hanging out together. Don't worry ladies...you will both get equal shoulder time.



If my 31st year is even half as good as the first day was, it will be a wonderful 365 days!

6 comments:

lisa truesdell said...

happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, Mandy!

I love Mat Kearny, btw. I have about 10 of his songs on my Ipod. :)

Jill said...

Well, happy birthday! My husband took his 31st birthday a little harder than his 30th and we didn't have twins on our hands to distract him from his 30th. So my guess this is pretty common. I've had other friends say the same thing. It will be a great year, I'm sure of it!

Your whole weekend looks like a good time and I love your etsy bag! Love that geisha print! :)

Angela said...

Sounds like a great b-day Mandy!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Mandy. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Perfection!! Welcome to 31-land, I'm so glad you got to ring it in in Mandy style!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...