Monday, August 31, 2009

{melt}

Since I've become a mother, I've used the term "melt my heart" a lot. Almost on a daily basis I would guess. I mean, when you have these baby blues staring back at you how could you not?!



Today I had a major heart melting moment. The boys have been great about giving out kisses lately and God knows I ask for a lot of them. Those kisses are my favorite thing next to dark chocolate.

When I was leaving to go back to work after lunch, I shut the baby gate at the top of the stairs, with Ben watching me through the wooden bars. He smiled and waved (not the moment I'm talking about but that alone is enough). I asked him for a kiss and we shared a lip lock through the bars of the gate.

Sweetest kiss ever.

How did I get so lucky?

3 comments:

sandra said...

so sweet. even makes me a bit teary since i used to say i never wanted kids...but really, how could i not? yours are adorable!

Beth said...

We call those prison kisses! LOL And yes, they are the sweetest thing in the WORLD. Prison kisses is not really the best word for them because they are way better than what that word implies. Every night before bed Garrett climbs to the 2nd step and gives one of us a kiss through the bars. Heart melting is a great way to put it.

Sweet boys you have, MB.

Unknown said...

Gah, this makes me all teary and such. I can't wait for this. Anna is getting to be really sweet lately - wanting me to rock her to sleep and resting her little head on my shoulder, patting my face with her hand, looking up at me with loving eyes. I have tons of heart melting moments everyday and am looking forward to so many more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...