Monday, May 09, 2011

{happy day}

I had a lovely and extended Mother's Day celebration over the weekend that began on Friday. My Grandmother came to stay with my parents for the weekend, so I got to spend some time with her, as well as my Aunt and Uncle. We went out for lunch and spent some time playing with the boys in the yard. It was a gorgeous day.

My Grandmother with her two daughters...


Isn't she lovely?



You can tell she loves her great-grandchildren just a little bit.



And she's not too shabby at hoops either...


My Mom and I also exchanged our Mother's Day gifts on Friday. I didn't get a photo with her though...sad about that. Things just get so crazy around our house that we sometimes forget the most obvious things.

She gave me the cutest paper clips I think I have ever seen from Anthropologie and some other goodies...


On Saturday I got together with Mom #2 and my sister-in-law for a little girl time. They both got me adorable necklaces from Etsy that were on my wish list. Both with owls. For a girl that loves owls so much, I didn't have any owl jewelry, so this weekend definitely filled that hole in my collection. :)

We went to the mall and pampered ourselves a bit. I found this adorable necklace at Claire's of all places...


Yes...that's another owl. I couldn't resist...it is SO adorable!

Again, no picture of the three of us together for Mother's Day. I am so.lame.

But...I did get some great photos yesterday with the two reasons I get to celebrate being a mother. The most important photos of all...




If it is possible for two little people to completely steal your heart, these two have done it.


And thanks to my wonderful husband for making it a great day for me. He gave me a coupon for a day home alone to scrapbook, and some chocolates, which is about the best gift ever. While the boys were napping I was able to take a solo trip to Starbucks to sip on an iced latte and read magazines, and we took a family trip to Target in the evening, where I picked up this SUPER cute dress...



It is so comfortable and flattering.

I feel very spoiled after my Mother's Day weekend. After a few really stressful weeks around our house it was just what I needed. Thanks to everyone in my life that makes me feel so loved and cared for. I am very blessed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...