Monday, February 08, 2016

{in my sketchbook}




I've been paying more attention lately to what wants to come out of my pen and onto the paper. The past few days it was organic shapes and intricate pattern. 



Drawing these shapes is major therapy for me. As my pen glides across the paper I can literally feel my anxiety flow out with the ink. 



Landon came over to me while I was filling this one in and said, "That's a lot of tiny circles!" Yep, sure is buddy! 

This owl is another piece I created last week...



And here is a peek of my process cleaning up some of these intricate images in Photoshop...




As I'm starting to see a collection of these designs come together, of course I'm thinking of another coloring book. I'm excited to see what continues to happen in my sketchbook and tie it all together!

I'm also busy working on organizing and decorating my new art studio space in our house. It is so exciting to have an inspiring space to create in. Yesterday I hung two art pieces by Jessica Swift, a pretty string of lights, and tucked in a framed sketch by my Grandaddy. 



I love having his art near me when I'm creating.

My goal for this space is to surround myself only with things that bring me joy and inspiration, which means A LOT of purging is going on. But that feels so good!

Before I go, a couple shop updates:



If you're looking for a fun Valentine's Day activity, you can grab a copy of my printable Valentine's Day coloring book for only $5!

And I've added a bunch of new prints of my licensed pieces back to my shop. 



This guy is one of my favorites. 


Here's to a caffeine-filled and fabulous Monday!

XO,

signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...