Tuesday, August 26, 2008

{slow down, you move too fast}

Life is going by so fast right now and there have been so many ups and downs the past few months. Last week was a rough one, as the hubby's Grandma passed away. She was 79 and had been struggling with Alzheimer's/dementia for the past 6 or so years. Her body just finally started to give out and it was a blessing for her to pass on. His Grandpa passed away 26 years ago, so we all like to think that they are finally together again after such a long time apart. We took the boys to meet her two weekends ago because we knew it would be their last chance to see their Great-Grandma, and for her to meet them. It was a bittersweet time, as she wasn't conscious to be able to hold them or acknowledge that she knew they were there. We all knew that she was aware of them though.

I'm glad that life is moving so fast right now because it doesn't allow me the time to stop and think about things too much. If I did, I would probably have a nervous breakdown. The hubby went back to work on 3rd shift this week, which is a blessing because we don't have to send the boys to daycare anymore. It is going to be rough on both of us though, as it leaves me home alone with the boys most nights, and will be taking away much needed sleep from their dad. We're hoping we can make it work for awhile, until the hubby can find a part-time day job.

With all of this going on, my escape lately has been dreaming of new decorating projects for the house. I desperately want to decorate our bedroom and do some rearranging/redecorating in the rest of the house. Most of it will have to wait due to time and money constraints, but hopefully I can get a few things done here in the next few months. I've been looking online at HGTV's rate my space and other decorating websites to get some inspiration.

I'll leave you with a couple new pics of the boys. They will be 3 months on Saturday!! :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

They are getting so big! They are cuties.

SAB said...

I am sorry to hear about your husband's grandma. I know how difficult it can be to deal with Alzheimer's. My grandpa passed away eight years ago after fighting the battle for a long time. We got through it the same way you have...we took (and still take) comfort in the fact that he left to be with his wife (my grandma) that had passed away almost 20 years before him. His life provides me with a constant reminder to cherish every moment while I still can, and I hope you will too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...