Tuesday, August 28, 2012

{necklace refashion}

You all, I'm obsessed with jewelry making now.

And not even my current jewelry collection is safe.

I've had an inexpensive turquoise beaded necklace from Forever 21 for a few years now. While I loved the color and the design, I wasn't in love with the length. It was super short. So the other day I had a light bulb moment and pulled out my jewelry making tools and a few simple findings and beads to turn it into a new piece that would be much more wearable. 


Here is the necklace before...


And a neck shot to give you a better idea of how short the necklace was...


First, I removed the chain with my jewelry making tools, and added a set of three white beads to either side...


and then finished it off with a new chain so the necklace would hang much longer...


I am in love with how it turned out...and I know it will be getting A LOT more wear time now than it ever had before.

Have your refashioned or re-purposed any of your jewelry? I would love to see your projects!

Linking up with...



post signature



10 comments:

Nicky said...

Of course I love this post!

So many girls throw away great pieces, or leave them sit in a jewelry box just because of an easy fix (like lengthening) ... RIGHT ON SISTER!

Nicky

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Thanks Nicky!! I swear half of my jewelry collection is going to get reinvented. :)

Crystelle said...

This looks so good!
Yo are so handy and resourceful....
:-)

Crystelle

Unknown said...

That is awesome! You made it more current though it was cute before too!
Carolyn http://sillyhappysweet.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! :)

Julie H. Schaal said...

I have been taking some of my older, weird, unloved necklaces and layering them in all kinds of crazy combos this summer. SO MUCH FUN!

Christine@ Projects Around the House said...

Love this idea! It's so simple but made such a big impact. I have a necklace that needs this makeover!

Katie @ Made to be a Momma. said...

NICE refashion! I need to do this with some of my jewelry! Would LOVE to have you share this at my link party!

http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/08/homemade-by-you-27.html

Unknown said...

So easy, and it looks great! I also have a F21 necklace that I put on all the time but then put away again because it just isn't *quite* right. This has inspired me to pull out the wire cutters and go at it!
I would love to have you add this to a collective link party I co-host, Eat Make Grow: http://www.hideousdreadfulstinky.com/2012/08/eat-make-grow-thursday-5.html
I host along with two other bloggers, so one link shows up on all three blogs, and we feature a couple of bloggers each week. We're always looking for great content like this! Hope to see you over there.

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Featuring you this week :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...