Monday, July 29, 2013

{bringing home baby: royal vs. reality}


So I'm not one to follow the royal family stuff that closely, but I was a tad bit excited about the arrival of the royal baby, and even had the live feed from their hospital streaming on my monitor at work. {I can multi-task, people!}

We knew that Princess Kate would look stunning when she made her first appearance, but since I've gone through this taking the baby {or in my case, babies} home from the hospital thing, it really took me back to our first moments outside those safe walls with nurses and room service. 

Speaking of room service...our hospital had the BEST beef manhattans. We didn't know how good we had it those two days. And the little cups of ice cream. I could go on.

Anyway...I thought it would be fun to do a little side-by-side comparison of our hospital exit vs. the royal one. 


I'm totally fine with making fun of myself. 

So here we go...


I'm cracking myself up over here. 

The fact that she is wearing heels AND stockings {or I guess her legs could be that flawless?!} blows my mind. I was still waddling with my mesh undies and super-sized maxi-pad {sorry for the TMI} and just hoped to make it to the car without leaking. 

Seriously. 

Now I know I didn't have a glam squad in my room doing my hair and make-up but I'm still blown away by this. 

Kudos to Kate, and I hope that she was able to throw on some sweatpants when she got back to the palace. And maybe eat a beef manhattan.

post signature

9 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

LOL I'm seriously rolling at the mesh panties bit. Hilarious!

I really love Kate, but she makes it rough for the rest of us. She looks ahhhmazing. I don't think I have a picture of us leaving with Henry (probably the only moment in the past 14 months I haven't captured ;))> But, I know I wasn't looking good. I think you look adorable - sweats or not.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Also - let's compare hubbies, too. My husband was definitely in a tee and jeans like yours. No collared shirt and slacks like Price William. ;)

Gav + Ro said...

Amen for those mesh panties! I was so sad when I ran out! :)

Sarah S. said...

lol... I'm with Kim... no picture taken leaving (which BTW, I think it's great that you have one, even if you don't have a blow-out). Maybe if I have a second baby I'll remember to at least put on some lipstick and wear a comfy dress... yes?! No?! yeah, I probably won't.

Paige said...

One of your labels was humor...and that it was. I love this post! xo

Marla said...

I love this post because it's so truthful.

Big Apple Mami said...

Love it!!

Kara said...

Hilarious & true! Princess Kate is stunning...and I'm sure we'd be too if we had our own glam squad ;)

Anonymous said...

Ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...