Friday, July 19, 2013

{hello friday...and a thank you}


You know what I love most about life? 

How unexpected it is. How each day holds the promise and allure of something exciting. 

There are new possibilities around every corner.

This week has been one of those that has surprised me and blown me away in the best way possible. I started out on Monday in a pretty crappy mental state. I was feeling very anxious over lots of things and when that anxiety takes over my self-esteem plummets into a huge old black hole. 

And then something amazing happened. My friend Andrea asked me to create a doodle of her home. I hadn't ever thought about drawing people's homes but right away the idea excited me. I shared a little sneak peek for her on my Instagram...



And the response I received was overwhelming and totally unexpected.

I just wanted to show her a little peek at her doodle, and before I knew it I had orders coming in from other friends and strangers for doodles of their homes. Talk about a total lifting of my spirits. 

Black hole be gone! :)

Here is how her final doodle turned out...



{and you can order one here in my shop}

So I'm sitting here on Friday with a full heart {just about overflowing, really} and a gigantic amount of excitement over this unexpected venture. 

To say that I'm thankful for my circle of social media friends is a HUGE understatement. 

I love each.and.every. one of you!

Linking up with...

Wild & Precious
Lauren Elizabeth
five days five ways | feature friday free for all

post signature

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I'm glad you had such a great week :)

Andrea @ Keepin it Thrifty said...

love you friend! sharing on my fb now! :)

Julie H. Schaal said...

I really love these! Such a special gift idea.

Mandy said...

such a fun idea! awesome job!

Crystal said...

Great job! Glad you got a great pick me up and some great new ideas! :)

Joi said...

Aww! I got the chills. So happy for you!! xo

Unknown said...

Wow! What an amazing talent you have. The picture is beautiful.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Such an awesome talent, friend! These are amazing and would be such an amazing gift!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...